Starting to feel at home

Default Froxfield-Hampshire baptism-Aburrow

I've finally managed to find baptism of Joseph Aburrow 22/11/1786 on the Hackman transcript of Froxfield p/reg. His parents are recorded as Daniel and Elizabeth Aburrow. Would the original register show any more information about the parents ? I'm not convinced that Elizabeth is the right name for his mother-the only other Aburrows seem to be Daniel/Lydia. Joseph married Keziah Ayling from Ovington whose sister Amelia married Edward Aburrow,son of Daniel and Sarah. I think Joseph and Edward may have been related. Keziah was 20 yrs younger than Joseph and had an illegitimate son (my gg grandfather)the year before her marriage. Any help would be appreciated!

I have moved this thread from Specific Lookups to the Hampshire Forum. As it had had no replies I thought I would nudge it to New Posts.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Marie C..

A Daniel Aburrow married a sarah Hoar 16th Feb 1815.Froxfield
    Lots of childern of Daniel and Lydia eg Mary 1791 and William 1788 and Edward 1790.(Do you want them all?)
    Edwin(christ. 13 July 1838 had parents Benjamin and Elizabeth.
    cannot find christening for Joseph. maybe he was christened somewhere else M

Starting to feel at home

Thanks Marie! I am aware of the Aburrows you have found. I have a Hackman CD of some of the Froxfield registers which gives a baptism on 22/11/1786 for Joseph by parents Daniel & Elizabeth.I wonder if Elizabeth is a transcription error as I can't trace a marriage for the parents.I really need to see the original record! Any suggestions gratefully received.Thanks-A

Geoff Rogers

The parish register for Froxfield shows the parents as Daniel & Lydia.

Geoff Rogers

Starting to feel at home

Thankyou so much Geoff-you have solved a problem thats been nagging away like toothache! I always felt it must be Lydia, not Elizabeth but had been unable to see the original. It also confirms that my ggg grandmother and her sister married two brothers.
    You are a star! Many thanks -A

fiddleranne

Default Please contact me about the Aburrows.

annemaybury1957ATmeDOTcom
    =auburn;151388]I've finally managed to find baptism of Joseph Aburrow 22/11/1786 on the Hackman transcript of Froxfield p/reg. His parents are recorded as Daniel and Elizabeth Aburrow. Would the original register show any more information about the parents ? I'm not convinced that Elizabeth is the right name for his mother-the only other Aburrows seem to be Daniel/Lydia. Joseph married Keziah Ayling from Ovington whose sister Amelia married Edward Aburrow,son of Daniel and Sarah. I think Joseph and Edward may have been related. Keziah was 20 yrs younger than Joseph and had an illegitimate son (my gg grandfather)the year before her marriage. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by christanel; 11-02-2016 at 9:46 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam