Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jeanniefarri

Hi, I am a direct descendant of her brother. Her father William Coomer was my ggggggg Grandfather. To get the full story of the murder and loads of insight into the family, there is a book called. ROPE DANCER by Maureen Nield.

jeanniefarri

Hi, I am a direct descendant of Ediths brother. There is a book all about Edith and the murder with loads of facts and insight about our family too. It is ROPE DANCE by Maureen Nield. There are even copies of our GGG Grandfather William Coomers reports of the plumbing at the church, in which he was the church warden!!

Hankerchief

Greetings Jeannie, I wonder if you might have details about the child that Edith had just before her execution. He was named Thomas Morrey and he was in due course transported to Australia and served 2 extra years on top of a seven year sentence. I have often wondered what happened to Thomas. Best wishes, Cliff

jeanniefarri

Default ans

The last information I have on Thomas Morrey is that his ship The Moffat, landed at Hobart, Van Diemans Lane, where he was marched off to a nearby penal settlement.

If I find any more I will let you know.

Hankerchief

Default Morrey Family

Many thanks, yes then he "served" 7 plus 2 years. Must have been grim. Cliff

Name well known on Brit-Gen

C ouldn't resist a look around and found this,

https://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/morrey.html

jeanniefarri

Rope Dance is a book by Maureen Nield, and tells the whole story with family backgrounds and lots of insight. Its a great book for details of the murder and gives lots of information for ancestors. Ive been able to trace another generation through details from the book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12