v.wells

Question 1988 Obituary - London and/or Newcastle

Lynne Dixon 50 Tyler St. Greenwich, London TN39 3SD info found in aunt's address book. Could be a rellie.

Researched and came up with Death: Lynne Dixon born Feb 1953 d May 1988
    Reg district Islington, London vol 13 p 1414 age 35.
    Checked births: parents Ralph Dixon and Mary Morgan m Durham 1952 1a 1173

In order to check back further and to prove/disprove that she is a rellie I have been hunting for an obit. Tried NOWT and google but nothing.

Is there a local paper in Newcastle or London that goes back that far?
    My Dixon's originated from Camberwell, London and could have moved north - my aunt lived in Newcastle for 30 yrs, so that's why I thought to try both places.

Any ideas?

suedent

Vanessa your best bet would probably be the Evening Chronicle, it was/is probably the widest read for the Newcastle-Gateshead area but I don't think their online BMD archives go back that far.

Ordinarily I'd just pop over into Newcastle Library & take a squint at the film but they've demolished the library & all the archives from the Local Studies section are in the basement of the Civic Centre. They can still be viewed but it's very cramped & it's hard to get a reader. Unfortunately my library only has the paper local to Sunderland.

v.wells

Thanks Sue, I will try the Chronicle and see how far I get. Am too far away to pop in to visit Civic Hall.