Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

GRO Death Index Record for Adelina Tilbury aka Preston aka De Lara aka Shipwright aka Kingston:
    Lottie A SHIPWRIGHT age 89 Dec qtr 1961 Surrey NW5g 689

I have yet to discover her burial place.

The London Gazette 7 June 1951
    Officer of the Order of the British Empire Medal
    Madame Adelina De Lara ( Mrs De Lara-Shipwright) Pianist

Phillip

Following recent contact by a descendant of Adelina De Lara I am revisiting this link. In the last post I said that I could not locate the burial site for Adelina.

I am seeking help trying to locate her burial place.

Her husband Thomas Shipwright aka Kingston died in 1911 and is buried in St.Mary's Roman Catholic Church,Kensal Green, Brent Grave 40 92.

Adelina De Lara's GRO Death Index record has Lottie A SHIPWRIGHT Dec qtr 1961 Surrey NW5gt 689. She died in Woking Hospital. Was she buried under that name or under Adelina De Lara? I don't know the answer.

Any assistance locating her grave/burial place would be appreciated.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

I have ordered the GRO Death Certificate for Lottie A Shipwright aka Adelina De Lara and will post data on receipt.

In reply to the researcher who contacted me regarding the lines here is data on the Christabel Pearl Parkes the 1st wife of Denis Ewart Bernard Kingston Shipwright son of Adelina De Lara aka Lottie Shipwright and Thomas Shipwright aka Kingston.

1901 Census (Copyright TNA) RG13 593 23 4 15
    8 The Alley Byfleet Surrey
    Charles W Parkes H M 24 Bricklayer b Surrey Lambeth
    Grace I wife 23 b London
    Grace U 2 dau b Surrey Lambeth
    CHRISTABEL dau 3 months b Surrey Byfleet

1911 (Copyright TNA)RG27 6 17
    155 Linden Grove Nunhead SE
    Charles William Parkes H 34 Married Compositor Printer b Lamberth London
    Grace Isabella wife 34 Married 13 years 2 children both alive Laundress-laundry b Lambeth
    Grace Maria dau 12 b Lambeth London
    Christabel Pearl dau 10 b Byfleet,Surrey

In the WW1 British Army Records
    Charles William Parkes shows him married 23 April 1898 age 39 married 107 Fernlea Road Balham Compositor. There is only 1 child recorded Christabel Pearl b 25.
    12.1900 Chertsey

Records show that his parents were Charles a plasterer -paper hanger b Lambeth and Maria Jane Chitty a dressmaker b Ripley Surrey. 1891 Census.

Christabel died in 1929 and had a daughter Wendy Mary 1929-1970. Denis was to re-marry a further two times- Kate Hain 1885-1954; Margaret Ethel Haynes 1907-1977. Nb This information is based on Ancestry public family trees and I have not fully checked all data

This is the GRO Death Certificate for Lottie Adeline Shipwright aka Adelian De Lara.
    Registration District Surrey North Western.Sub district Woking Surrey
    25 November 1961
    Woking Victoria Hospital Woking
    Lottie Adeline Shipwright 89 years Adelina's Cottage Wych Hill Woking widow of Thomas Johnson Shipwright an actor Cause of Death Pulmonary embolism; Deeep veneous thrombosis Informant
    Denis E.B.K.Shipwright- son Plym Lee Tripps Lane Woking

To date I have found no record to indicate where she is buried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123