Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: f/h .merioneth

a.r.hughes

Smile f/h .merioneth

looking for ivan lloyd/evan lloyd dob abt 1698 /death abt`1786 in cwm bychan , harlech any help please [ tony.]

John Nicholas

Tony,

There are some entries on IGI, but they're member-submitted stuff so you need to be cautious. They have an Evan Lloyd born 1700 in Cwm Bychan to Edward Lloyd and Dorothy Evans. Married about 1720 to Dorothy Jones and died in 1785 at Cae Coch, Trawsfynydd.

You didn't say where your information came from (always a good idea on this forum) but it seems that you need to look at some church records to see whether any of this IGI stuff stacks up.

John

a.r.hughes

JOHN, THE INFO I HAVE IS OFF A F/TREE ,AND I AM NOT ABLE TO IT STATES HE WAS CONNECTED .TO THE FAMILY OF EDMUND PRYS 1544 TO 1625 MAENTWROG, MERIONETH. DESCENDANTS OF DAFYDD AB IFAN AB EINION.CONSTABL E OF HARLECH CASTLE. FROM 1440 TO1468

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by a.r.hughes View Post
    looking for ivan lloyd/evan lloyd dob abt 1698 /death abt`1786 in cwm bychan , harlech any help please [ tony.]
    Hi,
    I live in Barmouth, work in Dolgellau, close to the archives, Harlech is a few miles away, if you need any look-ups, let me know.

regards
    Linda

a.r.hughes

Default f/h

hi linda,
    could you please do a look up for me in your area on a evan lloyd b abt 1700 in cwm bychan i need his marriage as the info i have states he married into the prys family.
    i am also looking for a owen manuel dob abt 1805/1878 need parents details for owen he was born in llanfrothen these 2 people are in f/tree which goes back to the PULESTON LINE 1384 if correct i will be very gratefull any info if you find any.many thanks
    TONY

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by a.r.hughes View Post
    hi linda,
    could you please do a look up for me in your area on a evan lloyd b abt 1700 in cwm bychan i need his marriage as the info i have states he married into the prys family.
    i am also looking for a owen manuel dob abt 1805/1878 need parents details for owen he was born in llanfrothen these 2 people are in f/tree which goes back to the PULESTON LINE 1384 if correct i will be very gratefull any info if you find any.many thanks
    TONY
    Hi Tony,
    Firstly this information is from a book written locally by the WI. I did start to look at records then lost the will to live Not really I will try to get into the archives again next week.
    re: The Lloyd (Llwyd) family
    It would seem that your Ifan Llwyd (1698 - 1767) Cwm Bychan. married twice
    1) Dorothy Jones (1699 - 1767)
    2) Anne Richards m. Ifan Llwyd in 1768. no sign of Prys, however, the staff member(Gwen) tells me that she thinks that is wrong, she questioned Anne's surname and said she thought it was Prys, now it could be that Anne had been married previously prior to marrying Ifan as he must have been 60 when they married so it is a possibility.
    The staff at the archives groaned silently when I told them what I was looking for This family as you are probably aware are very well documented but in this case it doesn't make them easier to find, in fact it makes it more difficult as there are so many branches.
    I acquired a copy of this family tree from Ifan down which, if you dont have it already, I will willingly scan and email to you.
    Ifan's predecessors are where (I am told) it gets tricky.
    regards
    Linda

a.r.hughes

Default lloyd /family

hi,linda
    many thanks for the info/and help on lloyd family .i would be very gratefull for a copy of this family tree that you have, as the details i have are not very clear .also in my info is owen manuel 1805/1878 abt i am not very good with pc please excuse for errors once again many thankshere is my email address iona.toni@hotmail. co.uk

Starting to feel at home

Hi Tony, not sure if you saw this or not, I posted it last Thursday on your Owen Manuel query, Maybe have chance to nip into Dol archives later and will see if I can get a copy of his baptism etc.
    Regards
    Linda

Hi Tony,
    Not what you wanted but I hope of some help.
    from Llandecwyn Parish records, P.20 (Dolgellau Archives).
    Parish of Llandecwyn.
    Owen Manuel of Maentwrog married Jane Jones of Llandecwyn on the 8th August 1835.
    by Banns.

Manuel children

Mary Manuel 14th Feb 1836 Gelli grin P.33
    Elizabeth Owen Manuel 29th April 1837 Ty'r Turnpike P.35
    Edward Jones Manuel 5th April 1840 Ty'r Turnpike P.37
    Morris Owen Manuel 14th August Turnpike P.39 Owen Manuel is listed as labourer at the time of all 4 births.
    I have copies of all the above if you want them

There are a Jane Owen Manuel (1844) and Gwen Owen Manuel (1847) found on the BMD

Owen Manuel died in Deudraeth 1878 and Jane Manuel nee Jones died Ffestiniog 1891.

I will return to look for Owen Manuel's birth registration as soon as I can
    regards
    Linda

a.r.hughes

hi linda, many thanks for your help could i please have a copy of f/t on the above,i do have a i could send to you but do not have your mailing address
    not sure if allowed, also tree ihave not sure about may be you could have a look
    many thanks for info on manuel query.
    thanks TONY.

a.r.hughes

HI LINDA, CORRECTION S/B TREE ON LLOYD/LLEWD FAMILY 1698/1786
    THANKS TONY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast