elizabethjones1

Thumbs up West Galway Family History Society

This a informative Galway site and I did manage to get a few dates checked even though a trifle expensive at 10 euros each reference however I do recommend it and all very easy to use.Eliza

JacquiA

You mentioned you got some "checked". Do you mean that before you ordered them that you checked that you were purchasing the correct ones by contacting the centre?. For example the parents etc? If so that does save spending money on random births etc.

elizabethjones1

Default Galway Site

Yes you can pay for basically a record that matches the ref.on the certificates but as long as you know the approx dates and place I think it works well.I have now got 3 more dated for deaths and Marriages that I did not know about Eliza.

JacquiA

County Mayo Library actually have the parents initials on their online site. That way at least there is something to check with. Apart from being able to check the area there is no other reference aid with the IFHF. There is some debate at the moment about the cost.I have used the site but I know the area I want. It would be great if you could e-mail them and ask if one or other of the parents were the ones you wanted, but that would probably be quite time consuming.
    Jacqui

elizabethjones1

Exclamation C Mayo

Thanks Jacqi for that am now getting so frustrated (have been searching for a year with this particular twig)that I will try any thing that isn't too expensive ! Will let you know how I do Eliza.