Bugsy55

Default Newboy looking for Burrows connections

Good afternoon...I'm new to the forum and hoping to pad out my family tree having hit a brick wall in all branches.

I am after any connections to the following trees please..

Samuel Burrows married Sarah Lewis in Garway,Herefordshire in1860..he was a miller from Woodbridge in Suffolk..they had quite a few children...Mary born Garway in 1861,Lewis born New Jersey in 1866....they returned around 1867 having worked in Passaic ,New Jersey for about 4 years...they settled in Rockfield Monmouthshire where Richard Higgins Lewis,George Frederick,Kathleen and John Lewis were born...1881found them in Shifnal,Shropshire and later Penkridge and Worfield...Mary married Joseph Meredith and settled in Hereford,Richard married Ann Bate and lived in Smethwick,George (my granddad) married Jane Rosser,Kathleen married Percival Barrett and John married Jane Carter of Worfield.

Also looking for any Bridgman family that originated in Aldbourne,Wilts and ended up in Bromley Kent (via Hatfield Broad Oak in Essex)...they married into the Dobree family there,hence a line of children with the middle name of Dobree.

Other interests are the Dodge family from Boughton Monchelsea in Kent..the Skenfrith Rossers,originally from Newland in Gloucestershire,some of whom moved to Yorkshire

Thanks in advance

Garofalo

Hi Bugsy.
    My GG Grandfather Joseph Dodge was born in Boughton Monchelsea in 1844.
    Ange.

Pugwash

Default John Dodge

Hi Ange..sorry for the delay in replying...My great grandfather was John Dodge who married Lydia Stebbings...his Dad was also John born 1825...I have one of his brothers,Joseph ,in my tree but born 1830..my mistake,I expect...
    I have photos of both John and Lydia...their first daughter was Elizabeth,my gran..born 1890 died 1973
    You're welcome to a copy of the pics.
    Regards
    Chris

Garofalo

Default Dodge

Hi Chris.
    I have Lydia Stebbings in my tree. My Grandfather was Edmund Dodge born in East Farleigh in 1887 and my G Grandfather was George Dodge born in Boughton Monchelsea about 1868.
    Sorry for delay in reply, had a few computer problems and mislaid some files but everything is fine now I hope.
    I have a fare bit of info on the Dodge family myself and some pic's would be great.

Regards Ange.

SBSFamilyhistory

Us Burrows, umm how do you pluarise that...., get around. I have long since learnt to say I don't have family from X. I did that with Gloucestershire and then found 200 years of history. Anyway welcome Bugsy.. read around the various forums and post away.

Sue Burrows Simpson

Bugsy55

Default Happy New Year Sue

Thanks for the email...my 'lot' are originally from Suffolk but my great grandfather came to Herefordshire (Garway) and married a welsh lady (Sarah Lewis)
    My Dad was born in Bromsash near Ross (I still have Rosser relatives in Burghill near Hereford)
    Regards
    Chris (Bugsy)

taximom

Default Newboy looking for Burrows connections

I am looking for the geneology of John Burrows, born 1835, Great Coggeshall, Essex, England; died 1902, West Ham,England. Married to a Sarah Kipling. Need to find his parents. Any help greatly appreciated.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taximom View Post
    I am looking for the geneology of John Burrows, born 1835, Great Coggeshall, Essex, England; died 1902, West Ham,England. Married to a Sarah Kipling. Need to find his parents. Any help greatly appreciated.
    There have been replies for your post, but I have copied this and the responses to a new thread in the Essex board, as research is not allowed to be followed up in the Introduce yourself thread, some of our members are a little enthusiastic and cannot wait for the questions to appear on the appropriate board.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...762#post364762
    ChristineR

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Joseph Dodge was born in Boughton Monchelsea in 1844 is my third great grandfather, I'd love any photos of him you all might have.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, dodge.
    You may not have noticed, but this thread is 10 years old, a and most of the participants have not been on the Forum for a while. They may reply, but why not take a look around our different forums, see what we have, and select a place to tell us something about your current research?
    Enjoy!