susanwillis59

Smile my son in laws family tree is driving me nuts

Hi, i am currently researching my son in laws family, he asked me as i was adopted and did such a good job on my own. so here i am stuck. I am looking for manuel and brigham familys. they all came from mining villages in north east england. bowden row helminton row and wittington most worked in the pits, in the auckland, bishop auckland and durham areas , been fairly easy so far, but got stuck at finding the link between the two familys.A Doris manuel married a joseph brigham in 1930, central durham, but so far i have been unable to find out who there respective parents were doris was born in 1910 in auckland and joseph in 1906 in auckalnd have traced all the relatives just need the link between them. Any one out there able to help? hope so.

Do you have the marriage certificate for Doris MANUEL and Joseph BRIGHAM? This will show the names of their father's. If you know definitely when they were born you can send for their birth certificates and this will give the names of their mother's - and the mother's maiden names.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you are looking for the link between the families because I would think that the marriage of Doris and Joseph was the link. Could you explain a little more?
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

susanwillis59

Default Hi manuels and brighams still stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    Do you have the marriage certificate for Doris MANUEL and Joseph BRIGHAM? This will show the names of their father's. If you know definitely when they were born you can send for their birth certificates and this will give the names of their mother's - and the mother's maiden names.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you are looking for the link between the families because I would think that the marriage of Doris and Joseph was the link. Could you explain a little more?
    HI can get the marriage certificate no problem and yes that would link them.but unfortunatly when type in doris manuel in the durham registry web site to order the birth certificates for both doris and joseph its a no go comes back no record.I know that the dates are correct for them both. but really need their mothers maiden names as well. have got possibles for both doris and josephs parents, but drawing blanks on them as well.

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by susanwillis59 View Post
    ...the durham registry web site...comes back no record.

In that case, look somewhere else such as the GRO index.
    For example there are these at https://www.freebmd.org.uk/ :

Births Sep 1910
    MANUEL Doris Auckland 10a 232

Births Jun 1906
    Brigham Joseph Durham 10a 455

However, as Ladykis has pointed out, you should get the marriage certificate first. This is essential in order to check the birth certificates.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Susan,
    Don't know where you were looking but if you select marriages, years to search 1921-1920, and enter the surname Brigham, you get three results. Click on Joseph.
    https://www.durham.gov.uk/gro/newgro.nsf/search?open&C0997314010301032008$
    You can then order online if you wish.
    Pam
    Added: That URL looks a but squiffy, so try
    https://www.durham.gov.uk/DurhamCC/us...n+certificates
    scroll to bottom of page, click on 'search the indexes' etc and then follow the above instructions.