Thread: Great Idea!

busyglen

Thumbs up Great Idea!

Welcome to all Coastguard researchers. I think this is a great idea and look forward to sharing information with others. Much better than emails that go astray.

Look forward to `meeting' you.

busyglen

Cliff Jones

Default Me too

I agree however it is also marverlous for those spreading their net into many diverse areas, counties, etc. Many thanks to those setting up this intergrated system of forums. One gets frustrated having to remember many log in user names, etc.

Kind regards
    Cliff Jones
    from the city of sails (and sales)
    Auckland
    New Zealand

Chriscross

Default Coast Guard

Looking for information on Kingston Coastguard Station in the 1860's
    [email protected]

busyglen

Chris, Missed your posting as it was attached to my thread under Great Idea.

Can you tell me whereabouts Kingston Coastguard Station is? There are several Kingston's in various counties ie. I.O.Wight, Devon, Dorset etc. that possibly had a Coastguard station, and unfortunately I don't know them all.

Regards
    Glenys

Chriscross

Default Coastguard

Thanks for your reply - unhappily I don't know the part of the country that I'm looking for as I just have a family bible dated Janury 23rd 1863 that was possibly a presentation and may or may not be relevant to Falmouth where this individual was married some 22 years earlier.
    Chris

busyglen

Ok Chris.

Can you give me a name that I can look out for? Email me direct if you wish.

Will see if I can find anything out for you and will let you know if I do.

Glenys.
    Last edited by busyglen; 05-11-2004 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Adding paragraph