Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackaberry

nancyt

Default Tackaberry

I am trying to trace my maternal g.grandmothers family she was a Martha Tackaberry born 1828 Wexford Ireland I believe her parents were Edward Tackaberry born 1798 and Mary Tackaberry nee Phillips 1880 does anyone know anything of this family or where I go to next for information having got this far. I know they came to England but I don't know when. He was a soldier when Martha married my g grandfather in Swansea in 1844.
    nancyt

pamela batters

Default Tackaberry

Message for Nancyt

I am the GGG grand-daughter of William Ashfield and Martha Ashfield nee Tackerberry. I have lots of information, if you are interested please get in touch.

Pam Batters nee Ashfield

nancyt

Default Tackaberry

Hi, Pamela,
    many thanks for the email about our Tackaberry/ Ashfield family. I thought I had replied but have had a lot of probs with the computer, and have ended up getting a new one. So my reply seems to have disappeared.
    I am so excited that you have some information and look forward to hearing from you and maybe sharing what I might have found out too. If you did happen to get my email then apologies for sending again.

locallad27

From ' Wexford War Dead'

Tackaberry John Barry;
    Rank; Captain.
    Regiment; Indian Medical Service Unit; 83rd Combined Stationary Hospital.
    Died; 25/3/1917 (35)
    Son of Thomas & Mary Tackaberry, Co Tyrone
    Husband of Alice Tackaberry, 6, Grafton Mansions, Brighton, England
    (from a Wexford paper)
    Captain John Bailey Tackaberry, M.B.B.S. (Lond) Indian Medical Service, Indian Army, whose death from cerebro-spinal meningitis on the Mesopotamian front on March 25th has lately been announced by the Indian Office. He was the second surviving son of the late Thomas Tackaberry Esq,. of Tomagaddy, Ballycanew, Wexford.

nancyt

Hi,
    it's a long time since I have been on the site and have just seen your post about the Tackaberrys. My GGgrandfather was Edward Tackaberry from Kilmuckridge Co. Wexford. I know of the Tackaberrys of Tomagaddy, but I don't know if there is any connection.
    Are the Tackaberrys relatives of yours too?

Patricia40

I was very interested to see your post as I have just been trying to find out about my maternal great grandparents who lived in Ballinamore, Co Leitram in the late 1800`s. My great grandfather William Burns married a Margaret Sarah Tackaberry in 1874 or 5. I imagine this is qiute an uncommon name so I`m sure there would be a connection. They married in Dublin in Stephens Green Methodist church. I`m afraid that`s the extent of my knowledge of them....I DO wish I`d asked my grandmother...or even mother...more about them!

Knowledgeable and helpful

There were 42 Tackaberry entries in the 1901 census for Ireland.

www.census.nationalarchives.ie

locallad27

William & Margaret Sarah are on the 1901 census for Leitrim

https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie

https://search.labs.familysearch.org (Irish Civil Register) Began 1864

Jack

pamela batters

I know very little about the Tackaberry family Martha born1828 married William Robert Ashfield in1844 in Swansea.Martha's parents??SARAH were EDWARD and MARY TACKABERRY NEE PHILLIPS they lived in KILMUCKRIDGE WEXFORD.
    Good luck.
    Pamela

nancyt

Hi Patricia40
    My Tackaberrys left Ireland sometime between getting married in1823 in Wexford and the birth of thier daughter Martha in Swansea in 1828 There does appear to be quite a few Tackaberrys that ended up in America also Australia. Mine came from Kilmuck eridge Wexford I have been unable to find Death records for Edward who I know left the 73rd of foot in 1846in Newport Wales or for his wife Mary Tackaberry, nee Phillips.
    nancyt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast