Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SUSSEXDER

Smile LOOKING FOR BIRTH /MARRIAGE/DEATH of WALTER CARTER/HULL/YORKSHIRE.PLEASE.

I have been searching for the Birth, Marriage, Death,of WALTER CARTER, I have found a few possibles, I reckon he was BORN from around 1895 ish. (His son Peter Walter was Born in 1921.in HULL, YORKSHIRE. Peter had a Brother named GEORGE. Both now Deceased.) So I have worked around these dates. If anyone can help me in this search,I would be grateful, as I have been searching, and I will continue to do so. But really do need a bit of help if anyone has a little time. Thank you.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 22-02-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Left out a word. DER.

kcapes

Smile RE-WALTER CARTER

HELLO
    DON'T MIND HELPING YOUR SEARCH WHEN I GET A SPARE FEW MINUTES. GIVE ME ALL INFO YOU HAVE, HOW DO YOU KNOW PETER'S BIRTH WHERE AND WHEN DID HE DIE ETC SEE WHAT I CAN DO
    THANKS

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by kcapes View Post
    HELLO
    DON'T MIND HELPING YOUR SEARCH WHEN I GET A SPARE FEW MINUTES. GIVE ME ALL INFO YOU HAVE, HOW DO YOU KNOW PETER'S BIRTH WHERE AND WHEN DID HE DIE ETC SEE WHAT I CAN DO
    THANKS
    Hi Kcapes. My husbands mother told me Peters Birth and Death.

It is his Father, WALTER CARTER I am searching for. Born in Hull, Yorkshire, around 1895

Walter was Married I should think about 1920 ish, Because he had a child 1921, that being PETER.(well his wife did, Do not know her Christian name).There was also a brother born after called GEORGE, married to Eileen. No other Children.
    I was thinking if we look for siblings, would it lead us to there parents/Father WALTER.?
    Or am I going the complete wrong way around this.?

Walter Died, as I said, in the 60s early part, up in Hull Hospital.
    Unfortunatly thats all we know. This might prove to be a difficult one.
    Hope we can beat it.I shall be searching again ,right after lunch. I would appreciate your help, and thank you.
    Rgds.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 23-02-2008 at 1:16 PM. Reason: took out a word. by SUSSEXDER.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

If you go on to yorkshire BMD site you can search for BMD in Hull - I have found many of my husbands family on there. I has a quick look and there is a Walter Carter born in 1895 in the subdistrict of Drypool, Hull. It is free to search and you are given a reference number in that will allow you to order a copy of the certificate although it is slightly cheaper to order them through ONS. Hope this helps.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

I have just had a quick look on 1901 census there is a Walter Carter who was born around 1894 in Hull - but living in Grimsby at the time of the census.

There is also a Walter Carter born in 1897 in Hull - he was one of several siblings - one of which was called George - do you know if George was quite abit older than Walter?

You see this is what happens when you try searching for someone you get hooked - even if it has nothing to do with your own family tree!

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by melsibob View Post
    I have just had a quick look on 1901 census there is a Walter Carter who was born around 1894 in Hull - but living in Grimsby at the time of the census.

There is also a Walter Carter born in 1897 in Hull - he was one of several siblings - one of which was called George - do you know if George was quite abit older than Walter?

You see this is what happens when you try searching for someone you get hooked - even if it has nothing to do with your own family tree!
    Hi Mel, Thank you. Is there a print out ,of the above Census you looked at you could send through to me.? PLEASE.
    SUSSEXDER.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

A Walter Carter married a Florence Chambers in 1920 at St Andrews, Drypool, Hull.

As I said you just get hooked on the search!

Let me know if this helps and you need me to look up anythin else - I just can't resist the challenge.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by melsibob View Post
    A Walter Carter married a Florence Chambers in 1920 at St Andrews, Drypool, Hull.

As I said you just get hooked on the search!

Let me know if this helps and you need me to look up anythin else - I just can't resist the challenge.
    I have sent you a private message MeI,with my e-mail address.
    SUSSEXDER.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by SUSSEXDER View Post
    I have sent you a private message MeI,with my e-mail address.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Sorry mel,Im new to this.where do I go to receive the Census.
    SUSSEXDER.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

I think Walter Carter died in 1961 aged 68 - the ref is Oct-Dec 2a 257

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast