Thread: RODWELL

Loves to help with queries

Smile RODWELL

Looking for any information on

John RODWELL b 1799 Suffolk
    married 1821 Faversham Kent
    Sarah Jane MORGAN b 1796 Barking

They had 7 children
    1. John Rodwell b 1823 St Dunstan Stepney (I have details of his marriage)
    2. Sarah Rodwell b 1825 St Dunstan Stepney
    3. Elizabeth Rodwell b 1829 St Dunstan Stepney
    4. James Samuel Rodwell b 1830 St Dunstan Stepney
    5. Rosina Rodwell b 1832 Limehouse Middlesex
    6. Eleanor Jane Rodwell b 1834 Limehouse Middlesex?
    7. Eliza Jane Rodwell b 1834 Limehouse Middlesex

any births deaths or marriages, or anything on theis family would be greatly appreciated.
    Some of the children went to America with the parents around 1856 some stayed behind.....thanks karen

Elley

Jane Rodwell Born 15 August 1822 Christened 8 September 1822 St Dunstan
    Parents John and Sarah

John Rodwell Born 8 October 1823 Christened 9 November 1823 St Dunstan
    Parents John and Sarah

Sarah Rodwell Born 4 December 1825 Christened 27 December 1825 St Dunstan
    Parents John and Sarah

Rosina Rodwell Born 26 April 1832 Christened 15 July 1832 St Anne Limehouse
    Parents John and Sarah

Eliza Jane Born 16 July 1834 Christened 17 August 1834 St Anne Limehouse
    Parents John and Sarah

Elley

Default RODWELL

Thank you so much Elley for the birth dates as well as christening.....Is it possible to look for two more children and to let me know where the info came from

Elizabeth RODWELL abt Jan 1829 St Dunstan
    James Samuel RODWELL abt July 1830 St Dunstan

same parents John and Sarah RODWELL.

very much appreciated...thanks karen

Elley

Hi Karen,

I am sorry I have not found the details for Elizabeth and James Samuel, I will be back should I come across them.

Regards,

Elley

Default rodwell

Hi Elley, could you tell me what PRS stands for ...I presume it is parish records ????....and thanks again...karen

sstiver

Default John, Sarah and Eliza Jane Rodwell

Karen,

I have some information on these individuals.

John and Sarah Rodwell left England in the spring of 1856 headed for the US. They travelled on the ship Horizon. They joined the Martin Handcart company, which is a historic part of the Mormon migration across North America. Their company became stranded in Wyoming at the beginning of the winter and had to be rescued. John and Sarah survived and lived another 20-30 years in Utah.

Eliza Jane stayed in England, got married Jul 21 1855 at St. Mary's Strafford Bow, Middlesex, England to a Charles Pearce. She and three children left Charles in London and traveled to Utah in 1863. Charles arrived the following year. In total I believe they had 6 kids. Eliza Jane left Charles and married a Mr. Lehman and died in 1896 in Denver, Colorado.

One of her six children is my great grandmother, Sara Pearce married a guy named David Fisher and had two children. Mabel Fisher (1882) and Olive Fisher (1883). Mabel, an aunt died during the flu epidemic in 1918 in Denver. Her married name is Mabel Lois Johnston and she had one child. Olive Fisher, my grandmother, married Earl Johnson in 1911 and passed in 1967. Olive had 4 children, Margaret (1915-2002), Burlingame (1919-1943), Sara (1922- )and Kathryn (1925-2006). Sara is my mother.

Hope this helps.

San

Hi San thank you I did have some this information and thank you for adding more it is always nice to meet another generation of the same family, I have been in touch with the Utah side of the Rodwell family to gather more information . John Rodwell (b 1823) their son is my gr gr grandfather and he chose to come to Australia, if you would like any information regarding our family I would be happy to share just let me know
    regards Karen

sstiver

Karen,

First, thanks for getting back to me...if I read the timestamps correctly, its been 6+ years I don't get on this site very often at all. I would like to some information about the Rodwell clan that you might have. I have visited both Sara Jane and John Rodwell's graves in the SLC cemetery. Interestingly, they are buried quite some distance apart. I think John is buried with the Read family and Sara with the Pierce family.

Where in Australia do you live? I have never been there, but have visited New Zealand.

Thanks,

San

Hi San I live in Central Victoria .... about one and half hours from Melbourne, it is country. I have yet to get to New Zealand! Yes I know that Sarah left the church but do not know the circumstances and John Rodwell Snr remarried and she is buried quite a distance and I think it was mentioned one of the daughters as well? , I have been in touch with certain people over there in Utah which is great. John Rodwell Jnr my gr gr grandfather, remarried and lived into his 90's do not know why he chose to come to Australia. I have only been able to connect with a couple of people with same interest in the Rodwell Family, but it has been fun. I will send you a private message San
    thanks Karen