Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SUSSEXDER

Default LOOKING FOR FREDRICK LUSH WESTMEON HAMPSHIRE.

Hi, I am trying to find Fredrick Charles Lush, Born I Think in WESTMEON Hampshire. He eventually Married( Florence FRY , of whom we already know about).We have the Marriage Of Fredrick and Florence Fry.(dates)
    I am at the moment looking through BMD. and the Census,to trace him from birth up to the said marriage. But I must be missing something.
    May I please have a little If someone has a little time to spare, in the next few days. I am trying to piece this together before MOTHERS DAY.
    For a special, Mother in -law. Thank you, if you could help.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 21-02-2008 at 9:33 AM. Reason: Missed out word/By DER.

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Hi its Sandy again do you have any other information like his date of birth or his fathers name, do you have the marriage cert this will give you his age when he married, anything to go on.

Sandy

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Hi its Sandy again do you have any other information like his date of birth or his fathers name, do you have the marriage cert this will give you his age when he married, anything to go on.

Sandy
    Hi again Sandy,No Sandy only have this. Which Peter Goodey found the other day.
    FRY FLORENCE LUSH FAREHAM 2b 879.
    LUSH FREDRICK C FRY FAREHAM 2b 879
    We have not got the CERT yet. I shall send off for it today. *Where shall I need to send the form to, please.?*
    In the meantime I will continue to search the Census. thanks for your help.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 21-02-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question./ by DER.

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Hi
    You can do it online at the GRO (General Records Office) each copy cost £7 and takes about 7 days to arrive.

Sandy
    PS not sure when Mothers Day is but hopefully you will get it back by then.
    When you've got it let us know and we will help again. A search of FreeBMD gave me 2 names this could be yours

Births Jun 1892,
    Lush, Frederick Charles, Alresford, Vol no 2c, Page no 157.

The other was born in 1850 so don't think that is yours to old

Geoffers

If you're in Sussex and want a marriage in Fareham - and you need it rather quickly - you might consider going along to Fareham Register Office and and asking them pretty, pretty please, since they are so kind and helpful, to take pity on you and possibly look it up whilst you are waiting? (A bit of grovelling hurts no one).

The GRO reference will be of no use apart from knowing roughly when the marriage took place and that it was in Fareham RD.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    If you're in Sussex and want a marriage in Fareham - and you need it rather quickly - you might consider going along to Fareham Register Office and and asking them pretty, pretty please, since they are so kind and helpful, to take pity on you and possibly look it up whilst you are waiting? (A bit of grovelling hurts no one).

The GRO reference will be of no use apart from knowing roughly when the marriage took place and that it was in Fareham RD.
    My thanks to you both, GEOFFERS,and Sandy. Mothers day is a week this Sunday, Sandy.
    Geoffers, So if I send off for CERT, (I have filled in Application form and written cheque.)
    the reference I have will not help much.? Is that what you are saying.?
    I have done it before and got a result, perhaps I was just lucky.
    SUSSEXDER.

SUSSEXDER

Sandy, I think it might be that Frederick Charles came from WEST MEON, Hampshire.
    So I think its best if we can find this Frederick, in the Census, I will have a try too.
    SUSSEXDER.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by SUSSEXDER View Post
    Geoffers, So if I send off for CERT, (I have filled in Application form and written cheque.)the reference I have will not help much.? Is that what you are saying.?

The GRO reference such as you previously quoted
    "FRY FLORENCE LUSH FAREHAM 2b 879"
    was created by the GRO for their own use only.

The only help in applying for a certificate from the local registrar is that it tells you the office, year and roughly when an event occurred.

The volume and page number mean absolutely nothing to the local registrar. They can usually find births and deaths fairly quickly; marriages are slightly different and could be from any church or register office within the registration district.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    The GRO reference such as you previously quoted
    "FRY FLORENCE LUSH FAREHAM 2b 879"
    was created by the GRO for their own use only.

The only help in applying for a certificate from the local registrar is that it tells you the office, year and roughly when an event occurred.

The volume and page number mean absolutely nothing to the local registrar. They can usually find births and deaths fairly quickly; marriages are slightly different and could be from any church or register office within the registration district.
    Thanks ever so much GEOFFERS, I have learnt something new today. thanks.
    Tis a good day for learning.
    SUSSEXDER.

elyam

Is it possible that it's Frederick Lush aged 8 born Hants Hinton Ampner on the 1901 census.

Elyam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast