Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SUSSEXDER

Smile TRYING TO FIND LUSH (FORMALLY FRY) TITCHFIELD HAMPSHIRE

I am trying to trace back my Husbands mothers family. (FRY).I am hoping some one could give me a starting point . please.
    they came from TITCHFIELD, HAMPSHIRE .
    Mother inlaws( Mothers name was Florence FRY. Married to FREDRICK LUSH.)
    Can someone see if they can find the Marriage for me. PLEASE.and THANK YOU.
    SUSSEXDER.

Reputation beyond repute

Marriages Mar 1922

BEVIS Dorothy Didymus Fareham 2b 879
    FRY Florence Lush Fareham 2b 879
    LUSH Frederick C Fry Fareham 2b 879

It seems that you're not familiar with FreeBMD.
    https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Highly recommended as a first port of call for such searches but check the coverage charts accessible from the Information button on the home page.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Marriages Mar 1922

BEVIS Dorothy Didymus Fareham 2b 879
    FRY Florence Lush Fareham 2b 879
    LUSH Frederick C Fry Fareham 2b 879

It seems that you're not familiar with FreeBMD.
    https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Highly recommended as a first port of call for such searches but check the coverage charts accessible from the Information button on the home page.
    Peter, Thank you so much. Actually I have been searching all afternoon for the said marriage, in the FreeBMD. But you see I do not Subscribe to it. So I do not get the same info as you. And I have not been able to get to the Library for quite a while.
    Excuse me, but what does -- BEVIS Dorothy Didymus Fareham 2b 879 mean.
    I am really very new to all of your means of getting info, as you can tell. Forgive my
    DER, Brain. OH, dear I have just looked back , and I was looking in the wrong place all afternoon,.I have been searching the Census 1901. 1891, 1881, 1871 .and so on. I do apologize.
    Rgds.
    SUSSEXDER
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 19-02-2008 at 3:41 PM. Reason: An APOLOGY.BY SUSSEXDER. ADDED

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by SUSSEXDER View Post
    Peter, Thank you so much. Actually I have been searching all afternoon for the said marriage, in the FreeBMD. But you see I do not Subscribe to it. So I do not get the same info as you. And I have not been able to get to the Library for quite a while.
    Excuse me, but what does -- BEVIS Dorothy Didymus Fareham 2b 879 mean.
    I am really very new to all of your means of getting info, as you can tell. Forgive my
    DER, Brain. OH, dear I have just looked back , and I was looking in the wrong place all afternoon,.I have been searching the Census 1901. 1891, 1881, 1871 .and so on. I do apologize.
    Rgds.
    SUSSEXDER
    If I say Please Please, Can I have help in finding the above couple in the Census.
    I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    SUSSEXDER.

kentish kate

Default FRY/LUSH

Hello Sussexder, I think you should get a copy of the marriage cert, using the references Peter gave you. It will give the ages of the bride and groom and the names of the fathers and then you can look for them in the 1901 census. I had a quick look in the 1901 census, and found a FRY family living in Titchfield(hampshire), the ref is RG13/1016.Living there are
    Andrew Fry... 39... labourer bricklayer born in Titchfield
    Alice...39 (wife)
    Beatrice Pack?...15...stepdaughter
    William ..13
    Frederick...10
    George...5
    Florence...3....born in Titchfield.
    Until you get hold of the marriage cert one cannot be sure this is the right family. Hope this helps.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by kentish kate View Post
    Hello Sussexder, I think you should get a copy of the marriage cert, using the references Peter gave you. It will give the ages of the bride and groom and the names of the fathers and then you can look for them in the 1901 census. I had a quick look in the 1901 census, and found a FRY family living in Titchfield(hampshire), the ref is RG13/1016.Living there are
    Andrew Fry... 39... labourer bricklayer born in Titchfield
    Alice...39 (wife)
    Beatrice Pack?...15...stepdaughter
    William ..13
    Frederick...10
    George...5
    Florence...3....born in Titchfield.
    Until you get hold of the marriage cert one cannot be sure this is the right family. Hope this helps.
    HI Kate, it certainly has helped, you have hit on the correct one. Mother in-laws. Mother was Florence, Born in TITCHFIELD. Thank you so much. And the step daughter too. Fantastic. WOOPY.
    SUSSEXDER.

kentish kate

You're very welcome

SUSSEXDER

Kate, I think I have found Andrew Fry DEATH. JUNE 1910. Fareham Hampshire Could not find Alice though. will I have to wait till the next census.? I have also been looking in the 1891 census for the same family.No Luck. but my Mother in-law thinks/has said infact that her Mother had been married before. Hence the STEPDAUGHTER, BEATRICE PACK/or PECK. Any ideas as to go about finding this out,? I have been through the Free BMD. But have not come up with a thing yet. Must be doing something wrong.
    SUSSEXDER.

kentish kate

Hello Sussexder, I may have found the Pack family in 1891 living in Hants
    RG12/944, folio 15 ,pg 9 ,(reg dist..Catherinton, E D 3)
    William Pack..25..brickmaker...Titchfield
    Alice...29 born Fareham
    Beatrice..5..b Fareham
    William...2...??Emsworth?
    Address ? Brickyard, Cowplain Hill.
    Do you have an approximate date and place of Alices' death?

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by kentish kate View Post
    Hello Sussexder, I may have found the Pack family in 1891 living in Hants
    RG12/944, folio 15 ,pg 9 ,(reg dist..Catherinton, E D 3)
    William Pack..25..brickmaker...Titchfield
    Alice...29 born Fareham
    Beatrice..5..b Fareham
    William...2...??Emsworth?
    Address ? Brickyard, Cowplain Hill.
    Do you have an approximate date and place of Alices' death?
    Hi Kate, thanks for your help above,Your brilliant, your correct again. (HUG).
    I only may have found her second husband Andrew Fry Death, FAREHAM JUNE 1910.
    I have been searching for Alice FRY Death, I am just going to have another look. in Free BMD,again.
    My mother in-law would not know, as they were not told much, or asked much in those days, not in her family anyway. So I guess its down to us. In this generation. I would be guessing if I said she died in Fareham,as Andrew Fry did. But I will look again. In TITCHFIELD area. Kate can you tell me ,look at the marriage PETER GOODEY gave me abve, and could you tell why is there another name---BEVIS DOROTHY DIDYMUS FAREHAM 2b 879. written above it.? please.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 20-02-2008 at 1:27 PM. Reason: left out a word by SUSSEXDER.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast