Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bridgy

Hello to you as well Cuz
    Am going to PM you with answers to your post because it's so big I might be kicked off here before I have a chance to really get going.
    Am so glad you replied and will speak to you soon.
    Jan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello to all PRESCOTT families on this thread, I too am part of the family. Dargie and Marj I am descended from William Henry PRESCOTT"S (1815-1894) daughter Elizabeth Ann PRESCOTT (1838-1918) who married Andrew Henry COX (1836-1918) in 1858. Many years ago I was working on this research with a wonderful cousin Malcolm MCCULLOUGH who has now passed. Marj I think he may have been your brother. I would love to get in touch. I can see that the forum that I am writing was active way back in 2007, I hope I am not too late. Jenny♫

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hello Jenny Lovely to hear from you.
    I have been actually absent from Family History for the last couple of years and for some time after 2008 have concentrated on other branches of the family.
    I was alerted
    Yes I am sure it was actually my brother Philip with whom you corresponded. Malcolm was our father.
    Philips wife Elaine told me about you and was hoping we could catch up.
    Philips daughter Lyn has a lot of info left by Philip and I have suggested she take over the setting up of the Prescott information.
    I will get back to all the papers in the near future and maybe we can then see what we can share.
    I saw a WDYTYA programme about the famous Cox who built the first road through the Blue Mountains. I am so keen to delve into our Cox records to see if there is any connection however vague it may be!!
    Regards
    Marj.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Well Hello there Marg, I certainly had you all confused I now understand that you are Philip's sister. Just thinking about Philip brings back so many memories and all that he shared. I remember a note book that he had that had, I think, copies of letters that had been written......so many years ago. I will give you my home email to pass on to Lynn should she want to connect with me. My research stopped when Philip passed. I came to Melbourne to see Phantom of the Opera and had organised to ring and have a catch up; I rang and was told the sad news. I have never liked that musical from that day on.

No, the Cox that built the road over the Blue Mountains is not related. I can help out with "our" Cox family history.

So here is my email address should you want to contact me JennyhistoryAToptusnetDOTcomDOTau

Big Hug
    Jenny♫
    Last edited by christanel; 29-10-2016 at 6:20 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

HI Jenny
    How very interesting!
    It is strange how the past sometimes catches us with us when least expected. For some reason the above message has deleted some of my post.
    I began to say that I was alerted to your post by another relative Sue Hindmarsh.
    By coincidence she and brother Geoff are in Melbourne at present and contacted my niece Lyn of whom you speak.
    He is meeting up with Lyn this week I unfortunately cannot make it to Melbourne this week. we live in Gippsland.
    However I am in the process now of scanning those Prescott original diary entries that my father had treasured. I have them here but will soon be returning them to Lyn as my Dad passed them onto Philip.

Elaine has talked so much about you and we were wondering how we could reconnect.
    I will definitely write to you at your email address asap.

I actually have spent most of my time researching my mothers ancestors in Suffolk and also a very large amount of amazing time in Ireland with my Dad's family however Philip has done a lot of work on the Prescott family and we have information to share. Although maybe you have already received all I know from Philip.
    I hope Jan above will see this new development.
    very best wishes ....lovely to greet another relative.
    Marj.

Hi Jan

I am not sure of you are still working with the Prescott research as it was way way back in 2008 but as I was going through some old papers belonging to my brother I found some which are relevant to your side of the family ie the second wife of Henry Prescott.
    I am afraid that all the info you sent me in 2008 is on an old computer which I need several hours to open however if you are interested to see what I have I will be pleased to forward it onto you. It may not be new to you .
    It is basically the Alcock connection and letters received. Paper work on the Queen Victoria building. I believe your ancestor was the architect. Quite a few letters from Malcolm McRae
    I hope you have since traced Elizabeth Rossiters parents in England. I have no further info there.
    Regards
    Marj.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12