Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    D. Manning

Chris: Edward Manning (known as Ted) was a shepherd from a long line of shepherds from the village of Rougham.

Edward Seals "Ted" Manning b. 8 Sep 1854, Rougham

s/o William Manning b. 1810, Rougham and Sarah Frost, Rougham

s/o William Manning b. 1790-1792, Great Bircham and Mary Seale

I checked my database and there are no Mannings in this line from the parish you are searching, and no Violet Mannings.

Mannings have been in the Rougham area from at least the 1500's . I am stuck on connecting William Manning b. 1790 to parents, and on expanding on Mary Seale's parentage and family. I believe her parents were Mark Seals and Margaret (?). Any one have further information?

chris manning

Thanks "D"

As you can see, I have no direct connections to the Mannings in Rougham, but obtained some of Bertha Manning's possesions, so if you are related to her or know anyone who is, let me know.
    Through another family tree site I have connections to someone who may be descended from the Williams, so I will see what I can find out

Chris

chris manning

Default progress

It has been a long time and still no death certificate for my father Hubert James Long Manning, but.......
    I found my aunt Sybil Manning married a Mr Hollands and had to children who would be my only first cousins.
    More time elapsed but I eventually found cousins Maggie and Dave, and they had in their mothers collection an old photo of a wedding couple who they didn't know. It was my parents!
    So I know have my first ever photo of my father and two new friends/cousins who I meet regularly
    Message to you all ...don't give up, and thanks to all who have helped me
    Chris Manning

janbooth

What a great result for you, Chris. As you say, never give up, because you do not know what may be round the corner.

Janet

What a brilliant result for you Chris. Thank you for coming back and telling us about your new found cousins. it gives us all hope to never say never.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

That is fantastic, Chris, you must be delighted. Good luck in finding what happened to your father, I wonder if this is him?

A Hubert James Manning death was registered in Isle of Man in 1974, his age at death is entered as 56yrs, so one or two years out depending on the month he died, which isn't listed in the transcription. https://www.manxbmd.com/
    It is perhaps worth investigation as I cannot find a suitable birth either in IOM or England and Wales, of course he could have been born in Ireland or Scotland, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Oops! Only just seen this, Chris
    The only other Hubert Manning I have ever found was from Newcastle and died in a fire on the Isle of Man.
    Alma

Hi Chris, I'm assuming the Ancestry tree: manning Family Tree, chrismanning273, is yours.

I see you have your father's birth date as 9th Aug 1916. Have you seen the 1939 register on FMP where Hubert's birth date is different?
    Alma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12