Thread: Dartnell

Fiona67

Default Dartnell

Hi
    Iam hoping someone who can help me. I am looking for Edward Dartnell b about 1788 Cork who married Elizabeth (Unknown) about 1808. I know that they had 1 son Thomas b about 1809 who emmigrated to Australia. I would really like to know if there were any other children & a surname for Elizabeth

Regards
    Fiona

michaeldartnell

Hello Fiona,
    I hope that this message reaches you. I am also looking for an Edward Dartnell from Cork from the same generation and believe that his wife might have been an Elizabeth. My great-great-grandfather was James Dartnell (1825-1898). His marriage certificate states that his father was Edward Dartnell, a shoemaker. I would really appreciate a chance to correspond about this.
    Sincerely,
    Michael (York Dartnell)
    Toronto, Canada

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Fiona,
    Like you and Michael (hi Michael we have talked) I am researching the Dartnells for a friend and have Edward & Elizabeth
    but like both of you not found any records........I only have 3 children at present an Ellen a James and a Jane.....but guess
    there could be more....not easy researching Ireland records even though there is more online now....maybe a holiday in
    Ireland is called for.......anyway I will stop waffling and ask you Fiona what you have on Thomas as you say you know
    his parents are Edward & Elizabeth?
    sandie