Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    John Bennett

Default Woolams of Pershore

Fear not, I am still monitoring the thread but it has now gone in another direction. I dont mind - it is serendipity.

Just to return to my interest, my gr grndmother, Phoebe Woollams 1863 to 1926 (married William Clarke of Wyre Piddle at Pershore in 1886 and they moved to Hednesford, Staffs soon after.

Phoebe's father, John was a travelling knife grinder. and died 1872 (I believe his father too was a tinker).

Phoebe was in an Industrial School in Madresfield in 1881 and I would dearly love to know why. I don't kthink it probable that her children knew this as I think my grandmother would have told me.

Phoebe's mother and some siblings are in Pershore in 1881 together with a grandson John aged 4 from a place called Harason, Stafford(shire?). I have not been able to locate this place to find his parentage to see if he truly was a grandson and I can'tfind him in 1891.

Regards to the list.

John

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    Phoebe's mother and some siblings are in Pershore in 1881 together with a grandson John aged 4 from a place called Harason, Stafford(shire?). I have not been able to locate this place to find his parentage to see if he truly was a grandson and I can'tfind him in 1891.

Regards to the list.

John
    Hi John,
    This death is registered:-

John Woollams age 6 Apr/Jun 1883 Pershore vol 6c page 209.

This is probably why you can't find him on 1891 census.

Jeremy

John Bennett

Thanks for the information Jeremy. I will have to get around to having a look at it.
    John

John Bennett

Default Woollams of Pershore

Thanks for the information Jeremy

PatriciaAnne

Default Priest Lane, Pershore

Quote Originally Posted by David Annis View Post
    Hello all. This is my first time on this site and my first week of searching for my family history. I'm amazed at what is on record. I have found out bits and pieces just by searching the internet and finding oddments even on American sites. So now I'm hooked I must find out more about the Annis family and who is related to who. Luckly we are all related one way or another in Pershore. My fathers father and mother lived in Priest Lane, they had 14 children so I am told,not all survived and one brother drowned in the avon at about the age of 12yrs. The earliest reference I have found and this I picked up of the internet was a James Annis,baptised 1829 and burried 1862.
    If you have any bits of info you would like to share with me I would be grateful. Dave
    Hi David, I am researching my Mothers family who came from Priest Lane in Pershore, and I am sure that prior to her death in 2003 that she mentioned the name Annis as being connected to our family somehow. My Great Grandfather was Thomas Beard, who on the 1901 cencus was living in Priest lane with his second wife Margaret Ellen and an assortment of children who I think were a mixture of his children from his first marriage to Annie Jane Reeves, and her marriage to Charles Reeves. My grandfather, James William Beard was from Thomas's first marriage, and I have only this week obtained his birth certificate from the records office. He took some finding,as, when his Mother died in 1899 he was farmed out to various people and never actually went back to the family home, although he kept contact with them until his death in 1968, and he had celebrated his birthday on the wrong day, and was actually a year older than he thought he was!
    If you come accross any link from your family to the Beards, I would be interested to know- it might fill in another piece of the jigsaw. I have various names of Aunts and Uncles from older members of my family that I have not yet managed to trace.

David Annis

Hi Patricia.
    Welcome to BG forums. If you post your needs on this site there are lots of people only to happy to help you. Have a good scan through the different sections and you will find lots of interesting and helpfull material. No dought BO-PEEP will be welcoming you shortly.
    Yes the Beards are part of my family and I have a host of information on them. Send me a private message from this site (click on my name) and I will send you my email address.
    Jane Beard married James Annis in 1886. Jane came from Bricklehampton but the main Beard family all lived in and around Fladbury. There's a nice story about part of the family moving to America in in the 1850s and taking the Mormon trail to Salt Lake City.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Cheers.
    Dave.

David Annis

Patricia introduce yourself to the forum.
    Dave.

David Annis

Jane Beard was a sister to your gg father Thomas. Born in Elmley Castle.
    Dave.

David Annis

What with James and Polly, it looks like we are distant cousins.
    Cheers.
    Dave.

PatriciaAnne

David, what a mine of information you are. I really do appreciate all the help you are giving me on the Beard family. I had a skeleton tree and you are really helping me fill it with "real people". I am so glad that I stumbled accross this site, and I am now wondering what I can find out about other branches of my tree!
    Thanks once again,
    Pat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast