cezza

Default New Member researching Watkinson's of Derbyshire, England

Hi All

Thought I had best introduce myself! I am fairly new to genealogy having only been seriously researching my family tree for the past year. Most of my research has focused on the Watkinson family of Derbyshire which i have trace back to a brickwall c1728 where I can not find a baptism entry for a William Watkinson

Other names I am interested are Northedge's of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, Elliotts of Derbyshire and Wallworks of Lancashire.

I also have a subscription to Ancestry for anyone requiring a lookup from their various databases.

Also I do visit Derbyshire Records Office from time to time (maybe 3 times a year) so I will let everyone know of my next visit nearer the time and if anyone would like a lookup if i can i will look for them.

cezza
    xx

Hi Cezza
    Where in Derbyshire are your names from? Also, I'm certain at the Wallworks of Lancashire have been mentioned on here before.
    regards

Peter_uk_can

Neil is correct.. Type "Wallworks" into Search on this site. There are more of them out there..

cezza

Thanks guys, will check that out. Most of my Watkinsons originate from Sutton Scarsdale and Duckmanton area of Derbyshire although there are off shoots in the Barlborough/Heath/Pleasley/Shirebrook way. One part of family drifted near Rotherham but most stayed in Derbyshire.