RobynAus

Smile O'Reilly, Reilly and Mcgovern

My G-g-parents were Thomas McGovern (1863-1904)born Knockmore to Francis McGovern (farmer) and Catherine Prior, and Bridget O'Reilly, (Reilly) (1862-1937) born Ballyconnell to Charles O'Reilly and Mary Freehill . Approx dates of coming to Aus were Thomas 1877 and Bridget 1884. They married in 1892 Sydney New South Wales Australia. Thomas died in Sydney Australia in 1904 and Bridget in 1937. How did they get here? Why? Can find nothing in the shipping records. I have Marriage certs for them and their children and Death certs for all. Am decended from their daughter Mary Aileen born in 1895. regards RobynAus

Tony Moore

Default O'Reilly, Reilly and Mcgovern

Dear Robyn,

Have you tried checking these records on microfilm possibly available in the State Library of S.A. If not, ask where the microfilms are in Adelaide, or purchase copies on line. Not sure which one might be yours. They are from the assisted migrants list.
    You can follow it up here:
    https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/archiv...earch_2187.asp

NSW Records has these entries.
    SURNAME Firstname AGE EVENTS REMARKS VESSEL YEAR REEL
    MCGOVERN Thomas 19 Kapunda 1877 2140, 2488
    MCGOVERN Thomas 18 or MCGOVEN, T Clyde 1879 2141, 2490

REILLY Bridget 28 Gladstone 1883 2142, 2494
    REILLY Bridget 22 Abergeldie Dec 1884 2143, 2495
    REILLY Bridget 28 Abergeldie Dec 1884 2143, 2495

Because they are assisted immigrants, there's a very good chance there will be plenty of information.
    Cheers,

Tony Moore
    (Castle Hill, NSW, Australia)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Robyn wrote:
    My G-g-parents were Thomas McGovern (1863-1904)born Knockmore to Francis McGovern (farmer) and Catherine Prior, and Bridget O'Reilly, (Reilly) (1862-1937) born Ballyconnell to Charles O'Reilly and Mary Freehill . Approx dates of coming to Aus were Thomas 1877 and Bridget 1884. They married in 1892 Sydney New South Wales Australia. Thomas died in Sydney Australia in 1904 and Bridget in 1937. How did they get here? Why? Can find nothing in the shipping records. I have Marriage certs for them and their children and Death certs for all. Am decended from their daughter Mary Aileen born in 1895. regards RobynAus

RobynAus

Smile

thank you Tony

Have not had a lot of sucess with that site before but knowing what to look for has given me a tutorial and i hope for better sucess now thanks robyn