reardon

Default william Hall & son Liverpool

i am trying to trace my father's family they had a building firm in Christian St Liverpool for over 70 years

my grandfather David Hall ran the firm with his 2 sons Roy Jardine Hall and Malcolm Stanley Hall (Micky).

i do not know where or when David or William were born or married.

David was married to Kathleen some where arround 1911

debbie

giveover

Default William Hall & son Liverpool

Hi Debbie,

Are you looking for information from the census years before 1901?

Or are you trying to find descendants?

I have found a Hall family on the census that seem to fit, they are all stone masons or brick setters.

Best wishes
    Giveover

Wirral

Hi Debbie
    David J. HALL married Kathleen M. CHEESEMAN in June quarter 1911, Prescot registration district, volume 8b, page 1222.
    Roy J. HALL was born June Q 1921, Knaresboro' reg district 9a 195, mother's maiden name CHEESEMAN.
    Malcolm S. HALL born March Q 1924 Knaresboro' 9a 163, mother CHEESEMAN.
    Margaret A. HALL born Sep Q 1912, Prescot, mother CHEESEMAN.
    You can get copies of the birth & marriage certificates from www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by giveover View Post
    I have found a Hall family on the census that seem to fit, they are all stone masons or brick setters.
    I think they are more likely to be the family of builders living in Huyton with Roby in 1901, father William HALL born 1840 in Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, wife Ann nee Davie b.abt 1840 Liverpool. In the 1841 census, listed on the same page in Watch Hill, Lochmabin, Dumfriesshire is Margaret JARDINE age 1. If this is the correct family, then it is possible to trace them back to at least the 1770s.

IainMC

I may have some information for you. My mother was Marjory Jardine Hall Bell, the same family that you are researching.