WaltonAus

Default Walton Harry EUSTON (reposting)

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Peter Euston from Victoria Australia and I am trying to find my GF Walton Harry EUSTON. I think I have all his advantures in Australia but cannot find his arrival about 1902.
    His parents were Willim EUSTON (a veterinary surgeon) and Mary (or Mabel Mary) NEWTON. All the Aust. certs I have bought say Walton was born in Tryddyn Nth Wales c1884. I have been unable to find Walton or his family despite 3 years of searching. I am currently trying to work backwards from his parents. I have found in the Wales census of 1851 a William EUSTON B:c1845 in Glamorgan. I can find the same family in 1861 Wales census but the surname is spelled FUNSTON. I can't find William or his family in 1871 or '81 census of Wales.
    I am currently trying to follow a lead I found in the 1881 census which has a William HUGHES being a vet and unmarried and still living with his widowed father William. This William was also born about 1845 making him 36 years old. I am searching for a marriage for this William before 1884 when my GF Walton was born.
    Well, in short this is my brickwall.

Kind Regards
    Peter Euston

MarkJ

Had a nose around Peter, but I couldn't locate any marriage between a Newton and a Hughes/Euston/Funston which would fit at all
    It looks like quite a difficult one!
    Wonder if it would be worth looking at the various trade publications of the time to see if William appeared there. Vets are generally quite well documented.
    I have never tried, but I wonder if the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons keeps a list of members? William should be listed there - perhaps they could supply some extra information? Just a thought..

Mark

WaltonAus

Default Euston Brickwall

Hello Mark and thankyou for your quick reply.
    William Hughes was a vet in Swansea Glamorgan and was found in a 1895 directory with address and all but no hint of any family obviously. It is my intention to contact the Vet Registration Board...which I have done before for William EUSTON with a negative reply from a nice person.
    Obviously I am clutching at straws but it's all I have at the moment.

Thanks again and Kind Regards
    Peter Euston

granof17

Default Walton Harry Euston

Hi there,I'm from Western Australia..originally from Mold.Tryddyn was a Sunday stroll for us,after chapel.

I have located the arrival of Walton Harry Euston in NSW.1902.

Mr.W.H.Euston arrived in Sydney on 24th.October 1902 aboard the vessel 'Leura'.
    He was accompanied by (apparently his son)Master Euston.
    It was an unassisted emigrant passage.

If you would like to pm me I will send you a copy of the passenger list.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gill

WaltonAus

Default W.H.EUSTON

Hello Gill, thankyou so very much for your reply, it came as a complete surprise. You have made more progress than I thought I would ever make and had consequently stopped looking for Walton Harry.....isn't that the way of things, just when you think you will never get that vital breakthrough some kind person works a bit of magic and you're off on the chase again. I cannot thankyou enough.

With Kindest Regards
    Peter Euston

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

A further thread regarding Walton was opened in 2015.

Multiple threads regarding the same person are not allowed, so I'm am closing this thread.

If you can help Peter, then please go to
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...n-Harry-EUSTON

Pam