Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

The family that just keeps on giving!!!! I am still bouncing about the house with excitement at finding - being contacted by another cousin! A person cannot have enough cousins. Keshanpugh I have sent an email but I will update this thread with more information for everyone that has a connection here
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Samuel Nathan

Just found this site. Samuel Nathan was my great great great Grandfather. I read with interest all the relatives I have and thank you all for the information.

Cher272 I am sending you a Private Message (PM) with my email address because you can't just say "...Samuel Nathan is my great great great grandfather..." and then not tell me which child of his is your ancestor! I'm your cousin! You have to tell me more! I'll burst with excitement! All these exclamation points should give you a clue.
    New Zealand? How wonderful. Do you know about the Australian branch descended from Samuel's son John? oh please tell me more!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.

For all the Nathan Family members who have contributed to this thread can I just say that Cher272 is descended from Samuel through Abraham!! So that's another branch of this tree connected. Now I have to write a piece for the newsletter and get it out to all the family.
    Now my problem is whether to send out the newsletter with this good news and then send another one when I get the dates for the airing of the genealogy show I am in or do I hold the information about Cher272 until I know the dates............ decisions, decisions!

An update on David Nathan, son of Samuel NATHAN and Hannah MENDES.
    I received the marriage certificate of David NATHAN and Mary Louise EAST. Dated 15th September 1838.
    Groom's father Samuel NATHAN (Broker)
    Bride's father Samuel EAST (Publican)
    Witnesses Thomas WADDINGTON, Emma June EAST, Thomas BUTCHER, Elizabeth EAST

The most interesting thing is that this marriage took place in Parish Church of St MAry Lambeth, after Banns
    So David married out. His family didn't shun him though because he is mentioned in the newspaper reports of his father's murder - sorry, his father's Felonious Killing and Slaying. it says he was at the house when his father was dying and I believe somewhere there is evicence that David lived and worked on London Road alongside his family.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678