Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well that sorts that out then LOL. The information has been around since 1842 so it won't hurt it to wait a coupl of months more.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

bobn

Hi Ann
    Would you kindly advise which book of trials you relate to as I was wondering if these are also held at the Guildhall Library in London. You also mentioned a Times report, would it be possible to have the date as I could also take a copy of that as well.
    Bobn

This thread

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ead.php?t=9759

is the one that gave me all the information. The date of the Times report was Wednesday 14th December 1842.

I am not sure what the book is called because a very kind lady who was doing research for a degree course found it for me.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.

ok so I have now searched through the NATHAN folder and found the email the nice lady - whose name is Ruth - sent me. She said that the Original Old Bailey trial records are held at London Metropolitan Archive but they have copies at Kew. This was the book she photographed and sent the pictures to me and when my puter died I lost them - I had only the copies that I had printed off when they arrived.

bobn

Ok Ann thanks. I will not be able to get to Kew this side of christmas, however when I do will onpass a copy for you to put on the computer again. It will also be easier to find the Times report now I know the exact date.
    By the way did you find anything about the births and briths re the sons??
    Also do you have anything further back ie Samuels mother and father possibly from the marriage details please.
    Regards

according to Angela Shire's transcription of the Marriage Register of the Great Synagogue Samuel is Zanvil son of Nathan. I simply haven't had a chance to research anything because I have been busy attending The Christmas Craft fairs (not selling a lot). I have done the last one now and just as soon as I have sorted out the house ready for Christmas visitors I will have loads of time to start searching again.

bobn

OK Ann, have found the marriage register for Samuel/Hannah and now trying to trace the birth registers, have found one for Great Synagogue London, however, no Nathans born to Samuel there, so perhaps there are other synagogues in the vacinity to Borough Road. Will keep looking. Have a good Christmas.

bobn

Have followed up leads on Henry, son of Samuel and see that it was suggested he married Sarah Costa, however, that Henry was s of Isaac. I have found Henry s of Samuel married to an Emma from the LDS archives. Does that tally with your records Ann.

You know far more than I do. I haven't had the time to chase any of Samuel's children except John. So I'll take your word for it.

I downloaded a copy of Samuel's will from TNA but then lost the hard drive on my computer. I had printed it though so I was able to have a copy and to transcribe it. He doesn't mention any od his children and leaves absolutely everything to his wife Hannah. His son John is one of the witnesses

bobn

Yes Ann, I mentioned this because it looked as though you/we had connections with the Lyons family (of fame), but that may be a red herring. However, I also wondered if you had found any of Samuels brothers or sisters and IF one of those was an Isaac, then he could have had an Henry who went on to marry Sarah Costa???
    BTW Do you take pm's??

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast