barbara Duckworth

Question Lookup William Manser

Could someone please do a lookup for William James Manser(or Mancer) 2 June 1790 in Hurstmonceux and who he married .

Jane M

Barbara, there's no William JAMES on the Sussex Marriage Index & no marriages in Hurstmoncuex of the right time period.
    There is this extracted record from the IGI, Heathfield & Hurstmonceux being quite close to each other.
    William Manser born, 4/5/1790, baptised 2/6/1790, Independent NC, Heathfield, s/o William & Elizabeth Manser.
    This is quite likely their marriage:

Heathfield, East Sussex, 18 Nov 1789:
    William MANSER
    Elizabeth STREDWICK, (B)

There's a chance that William (1790) might be alive & kicking on the 1841 census & with a bit of luck his wife too, that way you would have her first name!

jane

1851 East Hoathly
    Richard Mancer born Waldron, Sussex 33

Sarah Mancer born Waldron, Sussex 61

William Mancer born Heathfield, Sussex 60

Default census

Hallo again, they are all the same 1841, and living the same place.
    Williams work is a bit difficult to work out
    1841 looks lkie Hoop shaver and 1851 looks like boop maker

were under Mason 1841

barbara Duckworth

Quote Originally Posted by Jane M View Post
    Barbara, there's no William JAMES on the Sussex Marriage Index & no marriages in Hurstmoncuex of the right time period.
    There is this extracted record from the IGI, Heathfield & Hurstmonceux being quite close to each other.
    William Manser born, 4/5/1790, baptised 2/6/1790, Independent NC, Heathfield, s/o William & Elizabeth Manser.
    This is quite likely their marriage:

Heathfield, East Sussex, 18 Nov 1789:
    William MANSER
    Elizabeth STREDWICK, (B)

There's a chance that William (1790) might be alive & kicking on the 1841 census & with a bit of luck his wife too, that way you would have her first name!

jane
    Hi Jane,
    Sorry about the long delay in a reply, between Christmas ,New Year, and family illness, my head has been spinning. I don't think this can be our William, as his wife was Sarah known as Sally unknown surname. They migrated to Australia in 1839 aboard the Duchess of Northumberland with about 7 of their children. I am not sure if our family is spelt Manser or Mancer, as I have seen it both ways, but we have always used the 's'.
    I dont know where my cousin got the date of our William, and can't get in touch with her. I will keep trying.

barbara Duckworth

Quote Originally Posted by barbara Duckworth View Post
    Hi Jane,
    Sorry about the long delay in a reply, between Christmas ,New Year, and family illness, my head has been spinning. I don't think this can be our William, as his wife was Sarah known as Sally unknown surname. They migrated to Australia in 1839 aboard the Duchess of Northumberland with about 7 of their children. I am not sure if our family is spelt Manser or Mancer, as I have seen it both ways, but we have always used the 's'.
    I dont know where my cousin got the date of our William, and can't get in touch with her. I will keep trying.
    Hi Jane,
    follow up to previous message it the son William born 1790 that married Sarah.
    Kind regards
    Barbara

Jane M

This is a likely marriage of William (1790) to a Sarah, from the Sussex Marriage Index;

Waldron, East Sussex, 18 Sep 1815:
    William MANSEAR, bach
    Sarah SIGGS, sp botp (B)

But it looks like the couple that Brenda found on the 1841/1851 census & if you say your William & Sarah went to Oz in 1839 they can't be yours

Jane