Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jamie Hiscoe

Default Hiscoe/Hiscock of Wimborne, Dorset

This past week I have been plotting all my info on a family tree chart. We originate from England and thats where I get stuck. My Great Great Great Great Grandfather was born in Wimborne Dorset England in 1773 and his name was Henry Hiscock, we are stuck with him, can't find any info on him, and the Hiscocks name was a common name at that time I hear. We have an idea who the parents are but have no proof. Does anyone have any info on the Hiscock's from Dorset England?

I found one website southwilts.com/site/My-fa...ock-family. with a lot of Hiscock info from Dorset but nothing to do with a Henry Hiscock.

If anyone has any info please let me know, my email is v6sprout at gmail dot com or post it up here, thanks everyone.

chloed

found a baptism for a henry hiscock 04/12/1774 , son of matthew and betty hiscock at lytchett matravers which is about 4 miles south of wimbourne. on FFHS

Jamie Hiscoe

awesome, can you send me a link to that info, this is great news.

Jamie Hiscoe

OK I found out that Henry dired at 6 yrs old, a family member has SOME info on the Hickcocks of England but we have no proof of any connection yet.

We think our Henry Hiscock is from this line:

William Hiscock (1721) married Mary Barnes between Oct 1744 and April 1745 (NOT IN LYTCHETT MATRAVERS)

1752 5 Apr – Henry Hiscock son of William & Mary Hiscock

2001woosnam

Hi Jamie,
    I notice on the Miles public family tree on Ancestry.co.uk that William Hiscock married Mary Barnes and that they had a son Matthew b.1744 who married a Betty Trew at Lytchett Matravers in 1770. They had 5 children between 1771 and 1779 including Henry b.1774. One of their other children, Richard was born in 1777 and he married Sarah Woolridge at Trinity Bay, Newfoundland in 1804. There are over 90 Hiscocks in the family tree most of whom lived or are living in Newfoundland. I am not sure whether you are a member of Ancestry or whether this information is of any relevance to you. If you need any other help then please let me know.
    Kind regards
    John King
    P.S. William Hiscock's father was a John Hiscock born in 1700.

Jamie Hiscoe

Wow, thats some good info. Not sure if its what I am looking for but its a step in the right direction. I believe that Henry died when he was 6 so that may not be the right one. There are 2 sets of Hiscoe's in Canada that I know of, my family which came over from England to Nova Scotia, and another set of Hiscoe's that originate in Newfoundland. I have yet to find out connection but this may help. I was able to browse Ancestry.com for a while a few years back when another Hiscoe had a membership, he may know about this info you posted, he has done the majority of our research. I just ordered some CD's with old registry records from Wimborne, Dorest England area, so hopefully that will shed some light on this new info as well. I may sign up to Ancestry.com and check out more info, now with a direction to go in as well.

Thomasin

The FMP Parish Records Collection puts it like this:

12 Oct 1744
    Mathew Hiscock
    baseborn son of William & Mary Barns
    Lytchett Matravers
    Dorset
    England

Thomasin

Thomasin

There's another Henry Hiscock baptised in Wimborne Minster, father John, but he's a few years too early - 7 Jan 1765.

Thomasin

Jamie Hiscoe

I am not sure how 100% we are on the birth year of our Henry so thats some interesting info.

Jamie Hiscoe

another possible parents of our henry we believe to be Henry Hiscock and Mary Burden, but they were of Wimborne, Dorset. Still trying to find more info on them as well. My cousin use to have a subscription to Ancestry.com but its since expired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast