Thread: HART

Carolyn28

Default HART

Hi would to find the date of birth for Stephen HART abt 1789 and find his parents .

This is what I have: This Stephen HART according to the 1851 census for Kingswood, Gloucestershire, England. He was born in Westbury Wiltshire.

(Kingswood nr Wooton Under Edge in Gloucestershire is situated in Gloucestershire but under the jurisdication of Wiltshire until about 184?
    Overseers Record 1790.
    Stephen HART/mason/son Stephen age 4 and Sarah dau age 6 weeks sent from Westbury Wiltshire to Kingswood.

A Stephen HART married Bridget DOEL 25 May 1788 Westbury, Wiltshire. (I have looked for a birth for Bridget but haven't found one)

A Stephen HART chr 2 Nov 1752 Kingswood, Wiltshire son of William HART and Sarah PARKER who I believe is this Stephen. (There are other children born to William HARTand SarahPARKERand living in Kingswood.)

There is a christening of a Sarah HART 2 June 1796 in Kingswood, Wiltshire dau of Stephen HART and Sarah.

Stephen HARTabt 1789 Westbury, Wiltshire married Elizabeth HOLLISTER 20 Feb 1814 Kingswood, Gloucestershire records Elizabeth was born 29 Apr 1792 in Wickwar, Gloucestershire dau of Dennis HOLLISTER and Eleanor Smith YEWEN

Stephen HARTand Elizabeth HOLLISTER had the following children:
    Cornelius, John, Ann, Samuel, James, Caroline, Samuel Cornelius, James, David, Joseph.

The children's christenings were in the St. Mary's Church of England
    Kingswood..Cornelius died but don't know when. James and Caroline died as infants I have dates.

James, David, Joseph HART were christened in the non conformist Independent Church Kingswood, Wiltshire records.

Elizabeth HOLLISTER/HART died 8 Sept 1839/death record

Another marriage for a StephenHART and Mary SPENCER 26 June 1797
    Westbury, Wiltshire (Stephen (married previously) stated)
    Overseers record 1814 StephenHART/Mason/wife Mary...dau Martha 14/Mary age 7 sent from Westbury, Wiltshire to Kingswood

Stephen HART/was in the 1851 census/as a lodger/occupation lab. living with BRUTON family. (The head of house's mother was having children at the same time as Stephen and Elizabeth were and they were registered in the Independent non conformist church.
    in christening of children occ given as a weaver.

In the 1841 census dau Ann is in Bristol working as a cotton spinner
    sons: James and Joseph are in Dursley Workhouse. Stephen HART is in the goal for steeling an ax waiting sentence (6 mo).

dau Ann HART dies 1849 (family oral history)

1851 census son John HARTis in Bristol. Samuel Cornelius in Manchester, Lancashire. can't find others. David, James and Joseph HART

Stephen HART dies 13 May 1859 Kingswood Reg dis Dursley Wotton U Edge Eng.

I have obtained this information from research in Parish registers, BT, and Census records, Overseers Records, Non conformist records and correspondence with St Mary's Kingswood, Wiltshire.

I have searched parish registers for Westbury and nearby towns. I have searched for Bridget but cannot find a Bridget DOEL. I did find a SarahDOEL 7 Oct 1764 in Westbury, Wiltshire dau of Nathaniel DOEL and Ann WILKINS I have wondered if her name could have been Sarah Bridget or nicknamed Bridget or whatever because the baby, Sarah 6 weeks on the overseers records.
    ( perhaps Sarah dau of Stephen and Sarah HART) could have been named after her?

note: I have further researched family and found that son John md in Bristol and had two children and then went to Manchester and had a child came back to Bristol and had another son 1859 christened in Bristol he and family are in Bristol in 1881 census.

son David HART, married in St. Chad's Rochdale, Lancashire had children and emigrated to Massachusette (USA. (I have records of his family in England and USA

son Samuel Cornelius HART married in Lancashire had children and emigrated to (USA (I have records of his family in England and USA

can't find Joseph and James HART but think they too emigrated to USA (have searched but can't prove anything yet)

Hope this isn't too long. I have researched it for many years and have a lot of paperwork.

Thank you for listening and anytcomments are appreciated.

Carolyn

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default stephen hart 1752

hi stephen hart son of william hart 1720 and sarah parker. stephen bother joseph hart is my wifes 4th gg gandfather