Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    gingertrixy

Hi I am finding my research on my family of St jean's are Huguenots and from Canterbury and the saint johns are also in bethnal green..

I have tracked the birth records to the Walloon and Strangers Church canterbury and some later family in the threadneedle street church in London, so they are definately Huguenots.

I have records of births fromm familysearch webiste and the microfiche numbers.. but as to trying to trace the rest I am at a brick wall right now.

I have a Nicaise/Nicage Saint Jean who had a son baptised in 1641, another in 1643 and others. I have also found siblings on this site. But i can not find nicaise. I do know his english name would be Nicholas. I have tracked a son, who had children with Elzabeth Destry/ destrey. But idont know how to go further and find out what they did and when they moved to London and also whether Nicholas came here in the late C1500's OR whether he was born here.

I must say my family do really beleive there is a link to the St John's of Lydiard Tregoze, but my research has lead me to canterbury and the Walloons!!! I am at the end of my tether trying to find help and this forum looks like my best bet.

I also have a record of my 5th GG Grandfather marrying a Dutch lady in St James, Dukes Place London, her name was Vandersteen. in 1697.

Any help no matter how small would be great!!

Monnie, Hangnere/hangnery also comes up and the spelling variations on all the surnames are horrendous - especially if you dont know what to look for!

I have found Sengeon, Sanjohuen all sorts!!

thank you in advance

sj

Bronwyn

Default Salles

Kathy. Does this help? h ttp://1788.delafontenelle
    .net/1788%20geneatoile/ix53n0.html
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 08-09-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Link broken in agreement with our policy. Copy paste into browser to use.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567