morris71

Default SKINNER FAMILY BRIGHTON 1933

I am still hoping for a breakthrough as to finding where HORACE , ELIZABETH SKINNER could have moved to about 1933. Last known address was 38 or 40 Grosvenor St, Brighton. It appears that they could have had their widowed daughter VICTORIA RICHARDSON with them. I am absolutely puzzled as to what happened to them. I am hoping that someone has got them in their family line. If there is, please, please get in touch with me.

In 1901 census Horace is listed as a Marine Shop Dealer, Brighton. I wonder what happened to that shop. A suggestion was made to me that there was the thought that a Richardson was involved with this shop about or after this date.

Kind regards. April Clark

Sunpat

Default Marine shop

In the 1901 Census, is he noted as a Marine Shop Dealer or Marine 'Store' Dealer?
    I ask because I have a ggrandfather who was a Marine Store Dealer, lived in Oxfordshire and did not actually have a shop.
    That puzzled me until I was given the answer by helpful family history researchers
    Sunpat

topo60

Smile Marine Shop

One of my ancestors was also a Marine Store Dealer in Brighton- his name was Robinson. I was very surprised to learn that this is another name for a Scrap Metal Man or 'Rag & Bone Man'. The information came from the website www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/index.aspx and is well worth looking at.
    topo60