Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mutley

The first official Legion Poppy Day was held in Britain on 11 November 1921, inspired by the poem in Post #61. Since then the Poppy Appeal has been a key annual event in the nation's calendar and this year will be their 90th anniversary.

May we continue to remember

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

For my great grandmother,Elizabeth Jane Reeves(Smith) who lost eight of her cherished grandsons in The Great War.
    I will never forget them.

Liane Hawes

Since my last post I have discovered my great grandmother lost her beloved little brother in WW1 aged 19. I have since had the pleasure of visiting his war grave in Hargicourt and laying a poppy wreath on behalf of our family.

Once again may we never forget our brave men and women who gave their lives and continue to to do so. May our troops currently serving in Afghanistan come home safe.

louann

Default Remembering my grandfather and uncle

This is for Arthur Hill, my uncle who was only 15 when he enlisted in the Australian Army in WW1 and 16 when he was killed in Fleurs.
    And for my dear Papa who volunteered in 1915. He came home.

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    In memory of my uncle, whom I never knew. He left behind a widow and young daughter, 2 months old.

Douglas Frederick Maurice Sexton 1/12/1919 - 1/11/1944
    I am very interested in contacting you to discuss this family.

Please share your wonderful messages of remembrance on the 'Forces War Records Dedication Wall'
    It is FREE to use and you can then share your message with family and friends.
    "Let those who come after see to it that these people be honoured and their hardships not forgotten"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Dear Marie C.
    Have seen your post of 07.11.2008 regarding John Middlege who was killed in action in 1917.
    John Middlege was a brother of my grandmother, Alice Elizabeth Middlege born in 1894, who later married Charles Tooke.
    John was therefore an uncle of my mother, although he was killed long before my mother was born.
    I assume you must have some connection to John Middlege.
    Would be pleased to share family tree details.

Quote Originally Posted by Small5tree View Post
    Dear Marie C.
    Have seen your post of 07.11.2008 regarding John Middlege who was killed in action in 1917.
    John Middlege was a brother of my grandmother, Alice Elizabeth Middlege born in 1894, who later married Charles Tooke.
    John was therefore an uncle of my mother, although he was killed long before my mother was born.
    I assume you must have some connection to John Middlege.
    Would be pleased to share family tree details.
    Sadly Marie C. is no longer a member of the forum, as can be seen by the word Guest, so she may not see your post.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

OK. Thank you for your message.
    It was a long shot, as the original post was over 15 years ago. So wasn't confident of a reply.
    Many thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678