Thread: MAY ancestry

polglaze

Default MAY ancestry

Hi,
    Is it possible to find the marriage of THOMAS MAY born 1802 St Tudy to a ELIZABETH A ? born 1815, also WILLIAM MAY born1736 married to a ANN ? born 1736 I am trying to find there maiden names.
    All the best,
    Janice

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by polglaze
    Hi,
    Is it possible to find the marriage of THOMAS MAY born 1802 St Tudy to a ELIZABETH A ? born 1815, also WILLIAM MAY born1736 married to a ANN ? born 1736 I am trying to find there maiden names.
    All the best,
    Janice
    I am afraid I do not have that information as yet, Janice. There is a Thomas May marrying an Elizabeth Ann Northcoat on 13 Jun 1835 in Lanhydrock but that may be an entirely different person. All I have for this Thomas is his baptism.
    I have the children of William May who married Ann and they are christened in St Tudy. There is a William Mayo who married Anne Brown on 28 Apr 1755 in St Tudy and a note that says it is May in the Bodmin Transcript. This would fit with the date of the first child baptised. I would stress that there is no proof that this is him though. I may be able to help later when I have added some more to my St Tudy folk. I am busy in St Columb Minor at present