Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bwarnerok

I believe these are already working. Haven't found anything of use yet in my searches but I'm sure some of you will.

-b-

uksearch

Would you been kind enough to post the link...I can't even find that

UK

uksearch

Thank you

uksearch

OMG...I'm glad that I did not check this site out last night, I would never have got to bed. I entered just ONE name and came up with 42 hits. Exactly half of these were for two of my lot, a father and son. It also included a death from the bmd's that I had seen before in the Manchester Courier, didn't expect to find in hTe Gruniard. Nothing spectacularly long, but all very interesting to me. Now for a few more names.

UK

utilisada

Well done UK.

I've been on there ALL day - found an interesting article on my grandad within the first 10 minutes but unfortunately nothing more during the following 6 hours !!!!!!!!

Must go and get some ironing done!!

Aren't you glad I told you about this site ??

Dea

Mind you, I don't think I will be using it after 30th November - the prices are horrendous !

Dea x

Many thanks for the tip off. I did my usual thing of typing in GILSTAIN, more in hope than expectation, and it brought up a report of my 2xgreat grandfather's elder brother's part in the South African Frontier War in 1847! When I tried to print out the article it came out minuscule size and I couldn't get it to print out any bigger. In the end I hit Print Screen, copied it into Paint and saved it as a .jpeg, but I feel I must be missing something and that there should be an easier way?
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Sunpat

Fantastic resource
    Found nothing on my family but loads of interesting background material, helps to get a sense of those times.
    Spent ages browsing - time just flew.
    Sunpat

utilisada

Sue,

I may have solved your 'little problem' - I went to your article, opened it and told it to print.

A print page came up with some options at the bottom - one of them was 'scale to page' so I thought that as it was quite a long article it was reducing it to get it on one sheet so I changed this option to 'No' and printed it.

It came out on 3 pages - all readable size.

Dea x

Quote Originally Posted by utilisada View Post
    Sue,

I may have solved your 'little problem' - I went to your article, opened it and told it to print.

A print page came up with some options at the bottom - one of them was 'scale to page' so I thought that as it was quite a long article it was reducing it to get it on one sheet so I changed this option to 'No' and printed it.

It came out on 3 pages - all readable size.

Dea x
    I knew there must have been an easier way! many thanks!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast