Roweallen

Default ROWE, EDDY, OSBORN, NORTHEY, TRATHEN St. Just area

Looking for a Mary Rowe (possibly Sarah Mary or Mary Sarah) born 1788-1793 +/-. She had a child William Osborn Rowe 14Mar1808 with William Osborn. Some info suggests she was a cook in the Osborn household and any actual marriage to William is up in the air.

William Osborn Rowe married Mary Eddy (b.10Oct1805) on 31Oct1831 in St. Just. They had five sons: Richard Osborn Rowe 30Aug1847, married Mary Ann Trathen; James Rowe 15June1834, married Mary Ann Northey 7Jan1858 in St. Blazey and had two children before her death in Dec 1864, Thomas b. 1864 and Jane b. 1859; Naboth Rowe 1837-1841; Thomas Rowe b. 26Mar1842; and William Osborne Rowe b. 23Jan1832.

I believe that William and Mary at age 60 immigrated in 1874 with (at least) Richard and wife and child William (died at sea in 1874); James, widower and children Thomas and Jane on the City of Paris from Liverpool ending up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA.

I am a direct descendant of Thomas (b. 1864) married in Michigan to Sarah Southey Willams and have been working on my family tree for my daughters.

I cannot get back past Mary Rowe with any degree of accuracy. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would love to talk with anyone working with these families. Although most references center around St. Just. I also have some to St. Buryan; St. Levan; and St. Blazey.

Durham Lady

James Rowe 15June1834, married Mary Ann Northey 7Jan1858 in St. Blazey and had two children before her death in Dec 1864.
    Mary Ann was my great grandfathers sister. After her death James, his parents and the 2 children went to the USA. I had that information from one of James and Mary Ann's decendants.

AnjaliUK

You can try The National Archive's Access to Archives (A2A) to search for records about illegitimate births. If Mary Rowe tried for a bastardy bond, I would say they probably didn't marry.