Spangle

Default Photographer named Kohler?

It's a long shot but does anyone have any old photos taken by a Kohler please? My G G Grandad was a portrait artist/photographer named Thomas Kohler (born 1838) and if I recall rightly one of his daughters was also a photographer. Thomas lived in Kent and in London from about 1860 and was previously living in his birthplace in Dublin. If anyone has a photo or postcard by a Kohler I'd be very interested to learn more - thank you.

brianb

Hi found this record of Thomas Kohler:

Kohler, Thomas
    Born 1836, Ireland. Date of death unknown.

Biography
    Kohler, Thomas
    Born in Dublin 1836.
    Md Emma (b Forest Gate, West Ham 1838).
    5 sons & 3 daughters.
    1881: portrait artist living at 308 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, Lambeth.
    1891: photographer living at 46 Bravington Road, Paddington. Lodger.
    1901: artist & painter living in Lambeth.
    Date of death unknown.

Occupations
    Photographer [List all] 1891
    Artist [List all] 1901
    Painter [List all] 1901
    Portrait Artist [List all] 1881

Regards
    Brian

https://www.photolondon.org.uk/pages/...s.asp?pid=4509

Quote Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
    It's a long shot but does anyone have any old photos taken by a Kohler please? My G G Grandad was a portrait artist/photographer named Thomas Kohler (born 1838) and if I recall rightly one of his daughters was also a photographer. Thomas lived in Kent and in London from about 1860 and was previously living in his birthplace in Dublin. If anyone has a photo or postcard by a Kohler I'd be very interested to learn more - thank you.

Spangle

Thank you ever so much for your help! I can add that Thomas had an extra son and daughter too! I have searched and searched, from Google to Ebay and back, for any pictures by Thomas without success... I imagine he was one of the little guys or that he worked for a comapny, hence I can't find anything in his name. I shan't give up though!

Again, thank you.