ELIZABETH McFARLANE MORWOOD (aka Lizzie Morwood) was born April 5th 1915 in Glasgow to WILLIAM MORWOOD and ELIZABETH McFARLANE. Her mother died soon after, and Lizzie was adopted by JOHN LEWIS and ELSPETH BEATSON (aka Alice Beatson, originally from Kinghorn).

Lizzie spent her early years with her adoptive parents in Kinghorn, Fife, Scotland. But she moved to Birmingham at some point. On 23rd August 1941, at All Saints’ Church, Gravelly Hill, Birmingham, she married LOUIS HUTCHINSON, age 25, a soldier residing at 85 King’s Road, Erdington; Louis’ father was named as Louis Hutchinson.

Sadly, Lizzie died 1944 at the home of Elspeth's brother, ROBERT BEATSON in Kinghorn; her husband was listed as engineers fitter, Lance Bombadier, Royal Artillery.

I would love to know, whether Lizzie’s parents had other children. Or whether Lizzie herself had a family. In a way, she was my sister – John Lewis was my father. (He and Elspeth ran a little shop in Kinghorn for a few years after WWI, they later moved to Edinburgh.)