Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    zane

I love Google, one of my fave sayings is just Google it, I often just put in peoples names and see what comes up, (thanks for the inverted comma tip by the way didn't know that) and have found all sorts, my cousin's christening came up, even she didn't know the details, it is one of the many fascinating tools helping in our research for info on our families

Name well known on Brit-Gen

What a clever Girl, Dorset is pretty but Adelaide is lovely too, with splendiferous surroundings countryside.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

zane

weather just a bit nicer in Adelaide

BrianBS

Hello Sue
    To add to your sound tips "John Davies"+South Africa (or any relevant country, place, town, etc) will narrow the search even further. Also don't forget to search "Books" and "Scholar" (under "More"). Different results from the general search crop up frequently.

Brian

Newcomer to Brit-Gen piecesofuk's Avatar

Google ran a Power Searching MOOC a while back, all the videos should be available at https://www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/ which you might find useful.

tanveer shah

Advanced Search lets you type in a Top Level Domain (like .co.uk) in the "Search within site of domain" box to restrict results.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345