Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willerton

kevynne

Default Willerton

Looking for Willam Willerton in Lincolnshire in the 18th and early 19th century.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Kevynne,
    A quick check on the IGI for an event in 1800 +/- 20 years returns 30 entries from almost both ends of the county (Barton on Humber and Spalding) with lots of places inbetween. So you will need to be a little more specific, not only in time and place, but with regard to the exact information you're looking for.
    18th and early 19th century is a time of parish registers only for baptisms, marriages, and burials, and the information in those registers is very limited - no ages for the bride and groom in the marriage registers for instance. That information didn't start until civil registration in 1837.
    Pam

TerryW

Default William Willerton

kevynne,

I have a William WILLERTON bp. 1842 Langriville; m. Maria Ann WELLS 2 Jun 1866 at Tattershall; bu. 23 Oct 1911 at Tattershall.

Is this the one you are looking for? If so I can help with some more info.

You should also contact Jim Willerton who is conducting a one-name study and is a very helpful chap. Not sure if I have his latest e-mail address but I won't post it here anyway. He can be contacted through the Guild of One-Name Studies https://www.one-name.org/

Terry Wells

kevynne

Default William willerton

Hi Terry
    Our William was born in Lincoln c1816. Is Langriville in Lincolnshire.

TerryW

Hi Kevynne,

More on Langriville here:

https://parishes.lincolnshire.gov.uk/Langriville

Terry

TerryW

Hi again Kevynne,

When you say "born in Lincoln" do you mean the City of Lincoln? I don't think any of my Willerton's were in the big city!

Terry

kevynne

Default Willerton

Hi Terry,
    we have Willertons both in the city and county.
    What I have is
    John willerton married Mary Foster in Dunstan 1744

William Willerton born 1746 in Dorrington, married Ann Kercheval in 1774 at Burton near Lincoln .

William willerton born 1778 , baptisted at St. Peter eastgate, Lincoln.
    This last William moved to Yorkshire and married Ann Carr.
    Our Willertons moved around a bit but it doesn't appear that they were at Langriville.

Thanks,
    Kevynne

Perriss

Default WILLERTON

I have people in my burial records database with that name.

If I can help anyone looking for ancestors let me know.

Eileen

Susanrich

Hi Kevynne just new to British geneology site and came across your post regarding Willerton. William Willerton born 1778 married to Ann Carr was my gggg grandfather.

Susan

kevynne

Default William willerton and Anne carr.

Hi Susan,
    Ann Carr and William Willerton were my husband Kevin's 3x great grandparents. Their daughter Elizabeth who was born in 1826 in Thornton dale was his great great grand mother . She married James Grange in Scarborough in 1850.
    James and Elizabeths son Frank Grange was a mariner and went to Australia, and his son, another Frank was Kevins grandfather.

We look forward to hearing from you again and we are happy to exchange any information that we have found.

Regards,
    Kevin and Lynne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast