Alan Nancarrow

Default Harris, John Baptism 1836

Hi Scottie,

Slightly confused question you probably can help with. I am looking at an image of a baptism register for St Columb Major of 1836. John Harris in particular who was baptised on December 25. The 'abode' of his parents is given as St Allan or Allen. Would this be the St Allen near Truro or is it perhaps a location within St Columb Major?

Regards, Alan

Scottie

Thumbs up Harris of St Columb Major with St Allen link

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Nancarrow
    Slightly confused question you probably can help with. I am looking at an image of a baptism register for St Columb Major of 1836. John Harris in particular who was baptised on December 25. The 'abode' of his parents is given as St Allan or Allen. Would this be the St Allen near Truro or is it perhaps a location within St Columb Major?
    It is St Allen near Truro and in the 1871 census he says he is born there. I am puzzled as he appears to have lived all his life in and around St Columb. Maybe his parents were visiting when he appeared, as his brother William(1834) was born in St Columb Major and his parents were married there in 1834. I have detail on this family including links to other researchers if you want them. Just Email me direct.