Thread: Burials

Default Burials

Have a couple ,William and Grace McKie on the 1841 census in Kirkmabreck but not visible on the 1851. Presumably they died, but of course registration does not start till 1853. There are no burial registers on the LDS library catalogue for this parish for this period. Must one assume that they no longer exist ? or is there the possibility that they may be lodged somewhere searchable ? Any suggestions welcomed.
    Cheers..Ed

Mary Young

Hi, Ed
    Kirkmabreck isn't listed in the Kirkcudbrightshire MI's published by Scottish Genealogy Society https://tinyurl.com/2tb7vk/.
    They may have some MI's still unpublished, it might be worthwhile posting to the Forum on their website
    Good luck!

Knowledgeable and helpful DebbieAnn's Avatar

Kirkmabreck is in Volume 6.

I have purchased books of monument inscriptions from the Scottish Genealogy Society in the past, and been quite pleased.

Debbie
    Last edited by DebbieAnn; 01-04-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Default Burials Kirkmabreck

Mary and Debbie, thanks for the suggestions will follow those up. However, William was a drover, so the chances of a MI would be pretty slim I would think, still nothing ventured etc...

Cheers..Ed

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieAnn
    Kirkmabreck is in Volume 6.Debbie
    Oops, I missed that - must lower my screen resolution!
    Ed - if there's no rush, I could consult Volume 6 next time I'm in the SGS Library.

Default Burials Kirkmabreck

Mary
    Thanks for the offer, that would be appreciated. There's no rush, I have the impression they have been dead some time :-)

Cheers..Ed

Mary Young

Dear Ed
    My apologies for the long delay! Yesterday I visited the SGS Library and can confirm there is, alas, no trace of your William and Grace McKie in the Memorial Inscriptions for Kirkmabreck.
    Regards

Knowledgeable and helpful DebbieAnn's Avatar

Ed - have you tried this site: kirkyards - it purports to be fully searchable online for a fee, though I've never used the site myself. Kirkmabreck isn't listed, but others are, and perhaps you'll find them nearby. Best of luck!

Debbie