Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jacqui in Spain

Omskirk I check the site on a regular bases ...my 1st point of call

By the way you have changed the DOB for my elusive Richard Turner with the burials now added and Phebe's ( Phoebe) not that I can find him still but it now has given a much more realistic age pertaining to their marriage then IGI tried to ( at least Phebe is now 18 )

Jacqui in Spain

Karen have confirmed mary's name
    it is Linley not Tinley
    see parish records this piece I have sent to me

27.06.1814 JOHN STANIFORTH m MARY LINLEY

redbird

Default LETTICE STANIFORTH OF BEIGHTON

Hi, I have just joined. From this thread I have learned that Lettice's father was Luke Staniforth and that she was baptised 16/06/1787 in Beighton.

Please did she have any brothers or sisters?

Presumably her parents were Luke Staniforth & Elizabeth Oxley who married 13/11/1780 in Beighton.

Please was Elizabeth of the parish? Who were the marriage witnesses?

Otherwise might it possible that Elizabeth Oxley was the daughter of William Oxley & Alice Sharp, baptised 24/01/1757 in Worksop?

Please is there any sign that Luke Staniforth married again before 1787?

Please too does anyone have the marriage details of Aaron Barker & Ann Oxley (Lettice's daughter), who I guess married in Beighton about 1835-38?

Peter.

Hello Redbird and welcome to the forum
    BeeE586 is a font of knowledge where Beighton is concern. Send her an email or PM and see if she can help.

natonstan

Hate to bump such an old thread from years ago, but this is my family, I can trace right back to the John Staniforth and Mary Linley mentioned here, and the generation before which like was suggested, was most likely Stephen Staniforth b 1749 and Alice Wragg, and I believe they married June 28, 1773 in Beighton, not sure if anyone in this thread is still around, if so I would love to share stories/photos/information

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123