Thread: Ireland births

john devine

Default Ireland births

I am just commencing my research into my grandfather Robert Henry Mitchell who arrived in Australia during the 1870s. I don't have his parents names but according to a document his birthday was 11 March 1864. It may be a couple of years either way. He always said he was born in Dublin. I know it is a common name so can someone advise me if it is possible to find a Robert Henry born on or near that date?

get2BJ

Hi John,

Try this site www.familysearch.org . It is the LDS (Mormon) site and this index is not complete and cannot be guaranteed 100% accurate so go to one of their Family History Centres to view a copy of the original record on microfilm or microfiche. You can find full details on their site.

Anyway, if you carry out a search on John Henry Mitchell, 1864, Ireland, there is one result which is close to the results you require - DOB is shown as 5 Apr 1864 at Donnybrook, Dublin. Parents are Robert John Mitchell and Maryanne Fry. Inaccuracies may mean that the date shown here was the Christening date and not the birth date.

Best wishes

Brenda

john devine

Default Robert Henry Mitchell

Thanks Brenda. Yes that looks pretty close.