dcwilkes

Default Elizabeth Gibbs New Information Discovered

I can now confirm my Great Great Grandmother named Elizabeth Gibbs was baptised in St Clements Parish Church Oxford on 7th May 1824. Her Father (my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather) was named John Gibbs and is described as a stone mason. I have also found reference to him being a statuary meaning perhaps he produced graveyard monuments. His wife was Alice ? (maiden name still unknown - my Gt Gt Gt Grandmother) I am still seeking the maiden name of Alice. If she turns out to be who I think she is then I will be able to go right back to 1605. The maiden name of Alice is vital. Can anyone help?

Wendy Archer

Quote Originally Posted by dcwilkes
    I can now confirm my Great Great Grandmother named Elizabeth Gibbs was baptised in St Clements Parish Church Oxford on 7th May 1824. Her Father (my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather) was named John Gibbs and is described as a stone mason. I have also found reference to him being a statuary meaning perhaps he produced graveyard monuments. His wife was Alice ? (maiden name still unknown - my Gt Gt Gt Grandmother) I am still seeking the maiden name of Alice. If she turns out to be who I think she is then I will be able to go right back to 1605. The maiden name of Alice is vital. Can anyone help?
    Hi -

In this case the only GIIBS to an Alice marriage in the index is just right date-wise.

Husband Forename From Married at Wife Forename From Year Date
    GIBBS John OX StClement OX St Aldate WILKINS Alice 1823 4 Jul

Wendy
    Last edited by Guest; 20-08-2007 at 2:50 PM.

dcwilkes

Default Alice Wilkins

Hi Wendy. We have spoken previously by telephone some years ago, remember? Thank you for the information ref Wilkins. The dates being right means your information is valuable and I now have the maiden name of my Great Great Grandmother. Now I can start searching her history. The name Wilkins has however blown away a link to 1605 so its back to square one on a new line. Cheers.