irisrose

Default Somerset to Abertillery

I am looking for the parents of Ann Perry 1831 from Somerset any help would be appreciated she married Joseph Evans who was also from Somerset but they moved to Abertillery Monmouthshire and kept the Colliers arms Abertillery also looking for his parents he was born in 1830 Somerset
    Thanks

Reputation beyond repute

1 Presumably you have the woman's maiden name from the birth certificate of one of the children?

2 You haven't mentioned details of the marriage, eg fathers' names, which leads me to assume that you don't have the certificate. Is it the March 1847 marriage in Bath? You need a copy of that certificate.

3 The only Ann Perry of about the right age in Clutton in the 1841 census is in the workhouse. You'll be needing parish registers and, if that is the right Ann Perry, any surviving workhouse records.

irisrose

I looked the a marriage of Joseph Evans and there is one in 1847 to Ann Perry and I know that there first child was Francis Perry Evans born 1848 so that ties in. How do I get parish and workhouse records.
    Thank you

Reputation beyond repute

You need the birth and marriage certificates before worrying about any other type of record.

irisrose

OK Thanks I will do that

Francis Perry Evans kept the Royal Oak in Abertillery.