Unhappy Help to find the Matthews family please

Hi
    I am looking for the family of George Peter Matthews born 1886 Liverpool England, wife May Elizabeth Matthews nee Miller born 1887 I think Wales.
    They were married in Liverpool 1909 and had son Mintague George born 1910 Liverpool England.
    George left Liverpool for New York in 1913, followed by May and Montague, in July 1914, If any one can help me find them ie with census or deaths, I know Montague married a Lillian Edmiston, I dont know when, and had a daughter Geraldine, I really would appreciate all the help i can get as I can not get the US census.
    Cheer's Sue

bumblebee

Hi Sue

I don't have world ancestry sadly but just in case any one else has...........

.........There is a Montague Matthews born 1910 coming up on the United States Federal Census for Queens, NY. Also there is a possible on the 1920 which could be him mistranscribed as Monta Matthews in Payette, Idaho, born 1911. In fact there is a couple of what could be mistranscriptions to check out on the 1920 census.

Hope this helps.

Bumblebee. x

UPDATE - there is a Monta Matthews on the Social Security Death Index for 1969 in Burt Nebraska, so possibly nothing to do with your Montague.
    Last edited by bumblebee; 14-02-2007 at 7:18 PM.

Agnes

Hi Sue

Here is the 1930 census and the family are living on 211 St., Queens, Queens, New York

Head George Matthews, owns home value $9500, has a radio, age 44, married (first married age 22), Born England, both parents born England, immigration year 1913, Naturalised, occupation Clerk Federal, served in WW
    Wife, May, age 40 (first married age 20), born England, parents born England, immigration year 1914
    Son, Montague, age 20, single, born England, immigration year 1914, ocupation Machinist Woodwork

Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Queens, Queens, New York; Roll: 1601; Page: 24A; Enumeration District: 396; Image: 414.0.

There is a question on the 1930 census for "Veterans". The question is "Whether a veteran of US military or Naval Forces?" ...this is answered as Yes for George and WW!

Now I can't find a WWI draft index card for him but this does not mean that he didn't serve for the US. My problem is that I cannot find the family in the 1920 census but I have found a passenger list for Mary and Montague arriving back in the US. They are arriving in New York in 1922 and address given is 349 West 44th Street, New York, NY....the same address as the Naturalisation Petition below. It does show Montague's birth as 1912 but we all know that ages vary from one document to another.

I am wondering if Mary and Montague went back home before the 1920 census and this is their arrival back.

New York County Supreme Court Naturalization Petition Index, 1907-24

Name: George Peter Matthews
    Address: 349 W. 44 St.
    Date: 05 Apr 1921
    Volume #: 476
    Page #: 129

I will see what else is available

Best wishes

Agnes

Agnes

Hi Sue

The only other thing that I have found is an arrival of George P Matthews in 1927. His naturalisation date matches with the petition I gave in my first message and his address is Woodside, Long Island (Queens)

hope this helps

Agnes

bumblebee

There is a Lillian Edmiston, born 1907, on the 1930 United States Federal Census census also in Queens, NY. - could be who Montague married.

Bumblebee.

Smile Thankyou

Hi Agnes and bumblebee
    Thanks very much for your help, this information is great, as I have none for them in the states.
    I really appreciate it
    Cheers Sue