Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Igi

Geoff

My gg grandfathers brother Daniel Sumsion went to Utah in 1850, his granddaughter Nellie helped set up what must be the IGI now but there wasn't computers in 1910. It took me a while before I realised that if they didn't have a place of birth or marriage they put in the parish were they were living. They had down my gg grandparents as married in Colerne 1844 but they married in Bath 1841 just 3 days before the Census in June. They have removed most the the early ones that were wrong as they are putting on from the registers now.

You mention Hall I have a couple of connections to the Hall's from Colerne Wilts in the 1800's but most moved away and I lost track of them.

Irene

GeoffD

There are 4 entries for Great-grandfather HALL in the Southwest Pacific Database of IGI - 2 have a correct birth date, two have wildly incorrect birth dates, and all have the wrong place of birth. None have sources, and all have this message:

Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter.

One day, I will look into how this might be corrected, but I do have an inkling as to who the submitting LDS member might be.

Later: Turns out that I was wrong on that.

Oh, and he came from Fermanagh, arriving in Australia as a teenager in 1867.

But this is all getting too far away from VALLIS and WIltshire.

Thanks again for your efforts on Hester/Esther Harmon/Harman or whatever her name might have been.
    Last edited by GeoffD; 02-03-2007 at 9:10 AM.

HiFly

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD
    But this is all getting too far away from VALLIS and WIltshire.
    Maybe..but a good rellie hunt thread ..no matter on whose rellies they are, is still fascinating reading....

And at least my earlier comment triggered it......

HiFly

Hi just came across this my grandad was a Vallis and lived in shrewton he had a daughter Murial , who married and became a Thelwell they use too live in maddington I am sure his name was George Vallis .thanks

I have given Kim Thelwell's post a thread of its own here https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...l-in-Wiltshire where some work on her family has already been done so anyone who wants to help please post there.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12