JBrady

Default Andersons of Rhynie

Alexander Anderson and Rachel Stewart lived in a croft in Rhynie (called Purin/Pourin) from around 1824 until their deaths in 1889 and 1867 respectively. They had (at least) 9 children James (1823); Helen (1824); Mary (1826); Alexander (1827); Robert (1828); John (1832); Charles (1834) and Agnes (1835). I am looking for information on all of the children and their offspring. Some might have emigrated. I can find no trace of James or John. I know that Helen married an Alexander Findlay in 1850 but then she disappears. Alexander was a pharmacist in Aberdeen where he died in 1904 and Robert became a police inspector in Arbroath where he died in 1882. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Brodie

Default Andersons of Rhynie

There's a James Anderson born around 1821 Rhynie shown on the 1901 census at 331 King St, Aberdeen - he is a retired police constable. A previous census shows a wife Sarah and a daughter Barbara born around 1851in Inverurie. I think he's worth trying to find a death certificate.

I'll have a go at the others but I need a cuppa first!

Cruithne

Robert Anderson born 1828 died 1882 was my great great gandfather. Though he was married to Barbara
    Pirie he also had an illegitimate daughter in 1851. Her name Ann Anderson and she married in 1872 James
    Paterson in Aberdeen. I knew of Robert from certs that I obtained in early 1970's thou only with CD
    census 1881, did I eventually know of what happened in life to Robert. So 30 years of wondering solved
    with technology. I have researched the Scottish records thus have much info on the Anderson family
    of Pourin.
    Hope to receive reply
    regards Robert

Ronnie Cochrane

Charles Gardiner Anderson, born 1834 in a small cottage called pour in in Rhynie was my gt gt grandfather. My middle name is Anderson taken from his daughter (my fathers grandmother).

I have just discovered a biography written in 1914 by Charles's grandaughter , in my loft.
    this is his life story and may be of interest to some.

Ronnie Anderson Cochrane