Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dcwilkes

Default Hi Penny

There is no longer doubt that Elizabeth Gibbs was the daughter of John Gibbs born Shutford and Alice Wilkins born Banbury. I am now chasing Alice's parents - father possibly Thomas Wilkins. I have a will of a Thomas Wilkins but this cannot possibly be her father, but it could be a brother.

On the Gardner question I have the marriage certificate of Sarah Elizabeth Gardner and William Henry Gibbs Butler (married in Birmingham) but the certificate states Sarah's address prior to the wedding as Charles Street, Jeffrey Road Oxford. Sarah's age in 1881 was 24 years making a birthdate as 1857. Her husband died 1886 leaving Sarah with a three year old son and from there she disappears. It is probable she re-married. I do not have her death date nor her final resting place.

Sarah's father James Gardner is described as a Cabinet Maker.

Don
    Last edited by dcwilkes; 01-09-2007 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Omission of detail

Pennie

Ah, so no point in looking for William and Sarah on post-marriage censuses!

Have checked pre-marriage censuses for Sarah with her father James (cabinet maker), but nothing conclusive.

Do you have the name and place of birth of William and Sarah's son (born c1883)?

Pennie

dcwilkes

Default William and Sarah's son

Born: Hubert Duncan Butler - 18th May 1883. 206 Little Green Lane Aston Bham.
    Birth was registered 12th June 1883 in the registration district of Aston sub district Deritend.
    The birth certificate seems to be numbered 58.

You can see the certificate if you wish.

Don

dcwilkes

Default Sarah Elizabeth Search Narrowing

The mother of Hubert:

Sarah Elizabeth Gardner born 1857.
    Mary Eliza Gardner born 1848 has also appeared and both girls have a father named James Gardner. Coincidence or sisters?

I am getting signals that either Banbury or Brackley might be prominent.

RAHughes

Default Hello Don Wilkes

Quote Originally Posted by dcwilkes View Post
    Born: Hubert Duncan Butler - 18th May 1883. 206 Little Green Lane Aston Bham.
    Birth was registered 12th June 1883 in the registration district of Aston sub district Deritend.
    The birth certificate seems to be numbered 58.

You can see the certificate if you wish.

Don
    Hi Don,

I am a grandson of Dorothy Lillian Butler, and have been trying to find out information about Hubert Duncan Butlers (My great Ganddad) war record, We have recently found his medals after helping my uncle move house.

Would be good if we could get in touch

Thanks
    Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12