HiFly

Question East India Company/India Records??

Is there any on-line records of East India Co Employees transfers, movements or other such ...trying to trace some possible Vallis rellies who details appear on the LDS site born in India in late 1800's.

Specifically
    Maurice Franklin b c1882 Calcutta to parents John & Catherine
    Alice b c1870 @ Vepery-Madras, Tamil Nadu to parents John & Alice

as well as a Marriage of a John Vallis to Jane Cecilia Padmore on 3-Nov-1857 in Bengal accordinhg to the India Office Ecclesiastical Returns.

No if this is the same John Vallis - he's going through wives left right and centre...

I know that a couple of Vallis rellies served in India earlier during Indian Mutiny 1857-1859, but I think this might just be a co-incidence.

Thanks - HiFly

susan-w

Hi

Families in British India Society has lots of data online

Also try Rootsweb India list - you can search the archives.

The original records are at the British Library

Some of the BL catalogue is available at Access 2 Archives

There was quite a high death rate in India. My gguncle had three wives - each younger than the previous one...

Cheers
    Sue

susan-w

PS Rod also has some India books/directory at Archive CD Books.

HiFly

Thumbs up

Thanks Sue for all those links....

Unfortunately, no new info for my search...but good to know those sites and other resources....

Thanks again....HiFly

Lauren Robinson

Default Vallis family from Calcutta

I have just inherited some family records and believe We might be able to help each other out here with John Vallis.

Contact me at [email protected]

Lauren Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by HiFly View Post
    Is there any on-line records of East India Co Employees transfers, movements or other such ...trying to trace some possible Vallis rellies who details appear on the LDS site born in India in late 1800's.

Specifically
    Maurice Franklin b c1882 Calcutta to parents John & Catherine
    Alice b c1870 @ Vepery-Madras, Tamil Nadu to parents John & Alice

as well as a Marriage of a John Vallis to Jane Cecilia Padmore on 3-Nov-1857 in Bengal accordinhg to the India Office Ecclesiastical Returns.

No if this is the same John Vallis - he's going through wives left right and centre...

I know that a couple of Vallis rellies served in India earlier during Indian Mutiny 1857-1859, but I think this might just be a co-incidence.

Thanks - HiFly