Is there any kind person out there who would be willing to check the 1861 census for Godalming for me to try and solve a mystery?!?

There were several Woods families in Godalming at the time and it is proving to be a real nightmare sorting them out!

I am looking for a family probably living in the Crownpits area of Godalming in 1861 (they are there in 1841 and 1851). The family may be headed up by George Woods (although he is missing on 1841 and 1851). His wife would be shown as either Mary Ann, Mary or Ann born in Southwark, Surrey. Her age would be about 46.

They may have their adult children Abraham & Mary with them, but they may be dead by then too. Their other daughter Emma married William Field in February 1861. William Field died in Cattashall Lane in 1864 so they too may be nearby. It is possible that Mary Ann Woods could be living with them in Cattashall in 1861.

If anyone has a spare few minutes to check out the Crownpits and Cattashall areas for these two families I would be very grateful indeed!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Best wishes

Jane Aires (frustrated gt, gt, gt granddaughter of George Woods!)