Thread: George Colley

Fiona67

Question George Colley

Hi
    I am looking for some help in trying to find George Colley b about 1832 England. He immigrated to USA sometime in the 1850's. I have found him living in New York in the 1860 census married to Eliza (maybe Elizabeth) age 32 b England, daughter Eliza age 11 b England, daughter Emma age 8 b NY and son George age 1 b NY. George's full name is George Frederick Francis Colley. By 1881 his son George William Colley was back in England. It was thought that the rest of the family had died by then. I did find a possibility for the family in the 1870 census living in Buffalo NY but nothing after that. I am looking for death records for the family. There is a possibility that George remarried between 1860 and 1870 because in the 1870 census George's wife was Emilie age 33 b NY.

Regards
    Fiona

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona67
    I am looking for some help in trying to find George Colley b about 1832 England.....I have found him living in New York in the 1860 census married to Eliza (maybe Elizabeth) age 32 b England, daughter Eliza age 11 b England
    Some passing thoughts:

Have you located the family in England in the 1851 census?

Have you searched the GRO index for a marriage of George COLLEY and a birth of Eliza(beth) COLLEY?

From the 1881 census, where was the son living? Is this signifcant - does it connect with any COLLEY marriages or census returns for 1851/61?

Geoffers